Should i take Biology, psychology and English literature for A levels?

Watch this thread
TGS_Lila
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Biology OCR
Psychology OCR/AQA
English literature WJEC/AQA

AM I GOING TO BE ABLE TO COPE WITH THESE OPTIONS FOR TWO YEARS?
*pitseleh*
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
Well.. what makes you think you wouldn't be able to cope with them?
TGS_Lila
Rep:
I'm scared that it may be too much work for me, so I will have difficulties getting the grade I want.
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by TGS_Lila)
I'm scared that it may be too much work for me, so I will have difficulties getting the grade I want.
It's no more work than any other 3 decent A levels and includes only one heavy essay based choice. If you have an aptitude for and interest in those subjects and are good at revising for exams then it will be ok. How much research have you done to explore those choices, why do you want to do them? Biology is not the easy science that you have probably experienced at GCSE and is a big step up in terms of volume of information you need to learn. Psychology is not quite as fluffy as people often imagine and there is again quite a lot of detail about studies that needs to be memorised.

Posted from TSR Mobile
TGS_Lila
Rep:
so will my brain explode :O
I dont want to keep cramming my brain like a burrito!
Jasminem97
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I did (+ A Level PE) and I found it ok, at first its a bit much (Psychology & english lit essays combined with the content volume in Biology)
But I really enjoyed it and achieved/achieving good grades
TGS_Lila
Rep:
Do you have any advice? like what i should do for each subject
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (19)
17.76%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (38)
35.51%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (6)
5.61%
Speaking to staff members from universities (2)
1.87%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (10)
9.35%
Reading articles about what steps to take (20)
18.69%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (5)
4.67%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
6.54%

Watched Threads