The Student Room Group

I feel so replaceable

I'd like to believe that I am a pretty social person who does have a lot of friends, but I can't help the fact I'm just another friend to people who I consider as my close friends. I'm starting to feel isolated at university even when I do see friends often but nobody really makes the effort to talk to me or see me so this fills my doubt about how close I am to certain friends.

As days go on, I'm beginning to realise I'm just worthless and don't really feel like I'm benefiting anyone with my friendship. I don't want to constantly keep making the effort but if I don't then nobody else really does unless they need something.
It's not you, get better friends who appreciate you
Original post by Anonymous
I'd like to believe that I am a pretty social person who does have a lot of friends, but I can't help the fact I'm just another friend to people who I consider as my close friends. I'm starting to feel isolated at university even when I do see friends often but nobody really makes the effort to talk to me or see me so this fills my doubt about how close I am to certain friends.

As days go on, I'm beginning to realise I'm just worthless and don't really feel like I'm benefiting anyone with my friendship. I don't want to constantly keep making the effort but if I don't then nobody else really does unless they need something.

Have you thought about being different? I am different and nobody is going to replace me because of it.
Original post by william walker
Have you thought about being different? I am different and nobody is going to replace me because of it.

This.

You need to have a presence when you're with your friends, so that when you're gone, they miss you.
I felt just like you last year. My life turned around when I went out by myself one night. I met so many new people who I actually connected with, they've become my best friends, I never believed I could be this close with people before. Dont 'ditch' your current friends, but dont be afraid to go alone and meet new people

Quick Reply

Latest