The Student Room Group

I need help. My girlfriend left me.

Hello,I hope all is well with you guys. I want to start off by thanking you guys for reading this thread and taking your time to click on this thread. I'm going through a few issues and I thought I would share it with you guys, and get specific help towards my situation. Furthermore, I claim to have no one but it's more of the fact that I have no one to tell, as I don't feel comfortable with them knowing nor will they be able to provide sufficient help.Right, I'm going to start off by saying, I have been in a relationship for over one and a half year and I've known the girl for over a few years. We're in our early twenties and it's quite a serious relationship that we're in, well that we was in.We had a great connection, great communication and a great understanding of one another since the first couple of times we had went on a date. We was doing great and I could feel something really special coming along, she's a beautiful girl with a great personality. I think we was having the moment of our lives since the early start of our relationship and I could not ask for anything better. I was unbelievably happy and so was she. It's safe to say we did love each other and we still do. I have no doubt as to whether she loves me and I have no doubts as to whether I love her.Okay, everything was going fine and as time goes on, problems start occuring and you start going through the phase of arguments. They were okay. I say this because they were quicky resolved, me and her were completely apologetic and we made up very quickly with one another. No issues whatsoever. We aren't living together so baring that in mind, we was doing amazingly well and I still felt so great and so happy, as did she. It was phonomenal.She decided soon after she wanted to tell two of her friends about us and asked for permission, which I though was really sweet by the way, I obviously agreed and let her tell her two friends. They're two supportive people of us, by that I mean they are really behind our relationship and acknowledge our love, and believe we make an amazing couple. Ever since they knew, they have not claimed one or the other has been mistreating one another and nor have they ever claimed I was up-to no good or anything as such. Great times.With that being said, she fell out with her bestfriend over me after her other two mates knew about us. The reason being was pretty petty but she didn't agree with the fact that she was dating me, she thought I wasn't right for her and that I was someone who would one day break her heart. I asked my girlfriend about this and she didn't know why her bestfriend was saying this but apparently she was beig very judgemental due to my looks. I am supposedly the type to break a girls heart, even though I have never had a girlfriend before but my current girlfriend/ex, I look like the type to do that. It's not her who just said that, a lot of people judge me based on my looks.Anyways, ever since her bestfriend found out about me and my current girlfriend/ex, she had broken all ties with my current girlfriend/ex and hadn't contacted my current girlfriend/ex. So anyways, around 4 months of not talking to my current girlfriend/ex, she sees my current girlfriend/ex and claims that I was cheating on her. Shocking claim, absoutely shocking.My girlfriend insisted and demanded that I explained myself but wouldn't tell me the while story or situation, or even who told. She eventually told me and I actually was innocent and I explained this to her but no, I was not being trusted at all and my current girlfriend/x was not having.So ever since then, she's been talking to her bestfriend and that's when things have been changing drastically. It's not even the ordeal as she is very honest with what she says but I feel as if her bestfriend is having a huge influence. A huge influence but she says that's not true and that she would never speak bad of me to anyone.Anyways, it's not only her bestmate but recently she has gotten in touch with her old female mates and has exchanged numbers with them, which I have no problem or issues with. One or two of her mates are very approval of us and believe we make such an amazing couple, they claim they realised we was dating because of us two always being together, etc. Anyways, so her mates are very influential on her and it seems as if they've led her to believe things that aren't true. Now, the latest rumour that they have told my girlfriend is the fact that I was touching up other females. Ever-so incorrect. This is an absoutely false claim and I could not stand it, as well as the other rumours. I actually can't believe my girlfriend/ex believed them because of many different reasons.I'll explain why. I am a male who stays in doors all the time, I have turned so anti-social that it's beyond belief. I don't have no conversations with anyone but her and she is my all-in-one. She's my all. With that being said, I used to talk about everything and anything with her and we was doing just fine with our lives. I don't go out and I constantly whatsapp, facetime and snapchat her and she does the same too, we're attatched to one another on an insane level. I literally have no female mates, they eventually stopped talking to me and I stopped talking to them too, as soon as they realised I had a girlfriend. I only have one to two other female friends but they're no longer my friends because they backed-off and I stopped talking to them too.Me and her mate got into a confrontation over the phone and she said that everything would be okay but I was having none of it. I have done nothing wrong and she is the one of the people that have said these things about me yet tell me they'll sort it out?! How does that make any sense? I don't understand.My girlfriend/ex claims she doesn't want to know me anymore and she said that it's over for good (even though she has said that before, this seems serious). She claims that I was touching females up and those who have told her was around at the time, which is complete bull**** as the people that have claimed this do not work in my work-place. They are literally claiming to have worked there during the time I was workig there. I have told my girlfriend to ring in the workplace and ask whether so and so was working at my workplace but she says no, she doesn't want to.She has broken contact off me blocking me off of all social media and instant messaging applications. I don't know what to do. I'm confused. This is such a weird and tricky situaion.She has her friends there for her, comforting her and her friends said give her space, etc. And, my girlfriend has never said this to me before but all of a sudden she said that too. She had written a paragraph, which wasn't her way of talking or writing stating that she wanted to be alone, but her mate talks like that and typed like that. I was in disbelief as I knew it wasn't her right away but I'm not too sure whether it was her or not that had written that.Anyways, now she's blocked me and dumped me. She's left me and claimed that I don't let her down for once in my life and take care of myself, etc. I'm not sure what to say or do. This is what I wanted to share this experience/situation with you guys and get some feedback as to what's really happening.This is posted off of anonymous and I'm still claiming I have done nothing wrong which is the truth. I would never do anythig to hurt her and I would never cheat on her. I'm genuinely in love with her and she is my everything. If I had done something wrong, I would have admitted it to her or on here and get relevent feedback but honestly, I have done nothing wrong. I'm not confident and I'm not out-going, I'm a shy person and extremely shy around my girlfriend. I have nothing else but her and I'm so lost. I can't imagine cheating on her ever or replacig her, ever. I would never cheat on her and I haven't.I'm lost. What do I do, guys? Thank you for reading all of this and I'm sorry for making this so long, but it would only make sense if I have put down everything that's releven, which I have done so.Thank you, guys.
Original post by Anonymous
Hello,I hope all is well with you guys. I want to start off by thanking you guys for reading this thread and taking your time to click on this thread. I'm going through a few issues and I thought I would share it with you guys, and get specific help towards my situation. Furthermore, I claim to have no one but it's more of the fact that I have no one to tell, as I don't feel comfortable with them knowing nor will they be able to provide sufficient help.Right, I'm going to start off by saying, I have been in a relationship for over one and a half year and I've known the girl for over a few years. We're in our early twenties and it's quite a serious relationship that we're in, well that we was in.We had a great connection, great communication and a great understanding of one another since the first couple of times we had went on a date. We was doing great and I could feel something really special coming along, she's a beautiful girl with a great personality. I think we was having the moment of our lives since the early start of our relationship and I could not ask for anything better. I was unbelievably happy and so was she. It's safe to say we did love each other and we still do. I have no doubt as to whether she loves me and I have no doubts as to whether I love her.Okay, everything was going fine and as time goes on, problems start occuring and you start going through the phase of arguments. They were okay. I say this because they were quicky resolved, me and her were completely apologetic and we made up very quickly with one another. No issues whatsoever. We aren't living together so baring that in mind, we was doing amazingly well and I still felt so great and so happy, as did she. It was phonomenal.She decided soon after she wanted to tell two of her friends about us and asked for permission, which I though was really sweet by the way, I obviously agreed and let her tell her two friends. They're two supportive people of us, by that I mean they are really behind our relationship and acknowledge our love, and believe we make an amazing couple. Ever since they knew, they have not claimed one or the other has been mistreating one another and nor have they ever claimed I was up-to no good or anything as such. Great times.With that being said, she fell out with her bestfriend over me after her other two mates knew about us. The reason being was pretty petty but she didn't agree with the fact that she was dating me, she thought I wasn't right for her and that I was someone who would one day break her heart. I asked my girlfriend about this and she didn't know why her bestfriend was saying this but apparently she was beig very judgemental due to my looks. I am supposedly the type to break a girls heart, even though I have never had a girlfriend before but my current girlfriend/ex, I look like the type to do that. It's not her who just said that, a lot of people judge me based on my looks.Anyways, ever since her bestfriend found out about me and my current girlfriend/ex, she had broken all ties with my current girlfriend/ex and hadn't contacted my current girlfriend/ex. So anyways, around 4 months of not talking to my current girlfriend/ex, she sees my current girlfriend/ex and claims that I was cheating on her. Shocking claim, absoutely shocking.My girlfriend insisted and demanded that I explained myself but wouldn't tell me the while story or situation, or even who told. She eventually told me and I actually was innocent and I explained this to her but no, I was not being trusted at all and my current girlfriend/x was not having.So ever since then, she's been talking to her bestfriend and that's when things have been changing drastically. It's not even the ordeal as she is very honest with what she says but I feel as if her bestfriend is having a huge influence. A huge influence but she says that's not true and that she would never speak bad of me to anyone.Anyways, it's not only her bestmate but recently she has gotten in touch with her old female mates and has exchanged numbers with them, which I have no problem or issues with. One or two of her mates are very approval of us and believe we make such an amazing couple, they claim they realised we was dating because of us two always being together, etc. Anyways, so her mates are very influential on her and it seems as if they've led her to believe things that aren't true. Now, the latest rumour that they have told my girlfriend is the fact that I was touching up other females. Ever-so incorrect. This is an absoutely false claim and I could not stand it, as well as the other rumours. I actually can't believe my girlfriend/ex believed them because of many different reasons.I'll explain why. I am a male who stays in doors all the time, I have turned so anti-social that it's beyond belief. I don't have no conversations with anyone but her and she is my all-in-one. She's my all. With that being said, I used to talk about everything and anything with her and we was doing just fine with our lives. I don't go out and I constantly whatsapp, facetime and snapchat her and she does the same too, we're attatched to one another on an insane level. I literally have no female mates, they eventually stopped talking to me and I stopped talking to them too, as soon as they realised I had a girlfriend. I only have one to two other female friends but they're no longer my friends because they backed-off and I stopped talking to them too.Me and her mate got into a confrontation over the phone and she said that everything would be okay but I was having none of it. I have done nothing wrong and she is the one of the people that have said these things about me yet tell me they'll sort it out?! How does that make any sense? I don't understand.My girlfriend/ex claims she doesn't want to know me anymore and she said that it's over for good (even though she has said that before, this seems serious). She claims that I was touching females up and those who have told her was around at the time, which is complete bull**** as the people that have claimed this do not work in my work-place. They are literally claiming to have worked there during the time I was workig there. I have told my girlfriend to ring in the workplace and ask whether so and so was working at my workplace but she says no, she doesn't want to.She has broken contact off me blocking me off of all social media and instant messaging applications. I don't know what to do. I'm confused. This is such a weird and tricky situaion.She has her friends there for her, comforting her and her friends said give her space, etc. And, my girlfriend has never said this to me before but all of a sudden she said that too. She had written a paragraph, which wasn't her way of talking or writing stating that she wanted to be alone, but her mate talks like that and typed like that. I was in disbelief as I knew it wasn't her right away but I'm not too sure whether it was her or not that had written that.Anyways, now she's blocked me and dumped me. She's left me and claimed that I don't let her down for once in my life and take care of myself, etc. I'm not sure what to say or do. This is what I wanted to share this experience/situation with you guys and get some feedback as to what's really happening.This is posted off of anonymous and I'm still claiming I have done nothing wrong which is the truth. I would never do anythig to hurt her and I would never cheat on her. I'm genuinely in love with her and she is my everything. If I had done something wrong, I would have admitted it to her or on here and get relevent feedback but honestly, I have done nothing wrong. I'm not confident and I'm not out-going, I'm a shy person and extremely shy around my girlfriend. I have nothing else but her and I'm so lost. I can't imagine cheating on her ever or replacig her, ever. I would never cheat on her and I haven't.I'm lost. What do I do, guys? Thank you for reading all of this and I'm sorry for making this so long, but it would only make sense if I have put down everything that's releven, which I have done so.Thank you, guys.

I think for us to comment we would need more information than just a single paragraph.
Honestly, this is way too long. Couldn't you not summarise the points up?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Please paragraph? it's just one big wall of words, not good on a screen
Reply 4
I'm not reading that. Hell to the no no, to the no no.
WAS
i read all of it. it does sound as if your girlfriend is not coming back, however unfair you think that is.
Look buddy, if you had a relationship with someone who doesn't trust you that much maybe it's best you left, it wasn't going to work out anyway. Focus on more useful and important things in life right now life your family, friends and studies and cut off ties with people who are just bringing you down, explain the situation to them calmly like a professional adult and make them understand.
She made the right decision to block you out of her life. If she can't trust you, then she's doing both of you a favour...imagine being with a girl constantly accusing you- all the drama. If she is influenced so easily by her friends, she can't think for herself, or she's just plain insecure...then she needs this time to be single and grow up. Maybe this space from you is what she needs to open her eyes, maybe she will come back.
Too long, didn't read.

In all seriousness use bullet points next time, this hurts my eyes.:cry:
You should aim to make more friends or get in touch with old ones. It's not healthy to have just one relationship.

Apart from that, I'm not sure what to say. The situation has become very toxic.
Reply 11
It's over. Move on.
So many TL;DRs down here... summarise or don't expect many serious replies...
Too long didn't read :/
Reply 14
I seriously cba to read all of that.
Some advice :Tl;DR at the end of huge story's 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous

tl;dr
I would message you privately about this but you're anonymous...
Maybe try and speak to her again. But to be honest if shes not trusting you and just believing everything what her friends say, maybe you shouldn't speak to her. Or beat up her friend who is spreading the rumors and bury her alive. (Joking.. Or am I?)

Quick Reply

Latest