Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

is israel part of europe? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    ok well israel takes part in numerous european events such as the eurovision and euro 204 etc etc
    but how come?? isnt it part of the middle east?

p.s. this isnt meant to offend anyone, no jews and no palestinians, so dont take it in an offensive way im just curious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kriztinae)
    ok well israel takes part in numerous european events such as the eurovision and euro 204 etc etc

p.s. this isnt meant to offend anyone, no jews and no palestinians, so dont take it in an offensive way im just curious
    I think it's geographically situated in the middle east and Europe whenever it suits it..

ReputationRep:
    politically no, but when it is events like euro vision or sporting events, they get choose which one to play. like turkey. coz FIFA splits the competions like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 6 String)
    politically no, but when it is events like euro vision or sporting events, they get choose which one to play. like turkey. coz FIFA splits the competions like that.
    Russia and Turkey are Eurasian countries as parts of them are situated in Asia..

ReputationRep:
    but turkey is half in europe so slight difference there rite?
    surely if israel can take part in the eurovision and euro 2004 so can all the other arab countries?

ReputationRep:

Must CALM downnnn...............grrrrrrr

a very sensitive issue for me......
    visit most websites and its always located in the european section....but what really PISSES me off....is palestine WAS the country....and israelis joined it in the same way you may regard the kozovan refugees or romanians entering UK........
    Now....israel is a recognised state but PALESTINE??? where the hell is it in all the website drop down choices? it doesnt exist.....imagine UK being deleted and Kosovo 2 replacing it!!!!!!!! oh the ***** that ppl get away with in this world. I personally choose to ignore it.....when it joins eurovision or 'several' other european events i just laugh. And when someone asks me about israel i just say 'never heard of it, perhaps you mean PALESTINE.''

ReputationRep:
    Israel is in the US isn't it?

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swatfa)

visit most websites and its always located in the european section....but what really PISSES me off....is palestine WAS the country....and israelis joined it in the same way you may regard the kozovan refugees or romanians entering UK........
    Now....israel is a recognised state but PALESTINE??? where the hell is it in all the website drop down choices? it doesnt exist.....imagine UK being deleted and Kosovo 2 replacing it!!!!!!!! oh the ***** that ppl get away with in this world
    lets not get political... just askin to see if somneone has an answer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)

MB

Might as well be

ReputationRep:

Now....israel is a recognised state but PALESTINE??? where the hell is it in all the website drop down choices? it doesnt exist.....imagine UK being deleted and Kosovo 2 replacing it!!!!!!!! oh the ***** that ppl get away with in this world. I personally choose to ignore it.....when it joins eurovision or 'several' other european events i just laugh. And when someone asks me about israel i just say 'never heard of it, perhaps you mean PALESTINE.''
    agreed, its a ****ing joke

ReputationRep:

MB
    lol no middle east

ReputationRep:
    lol no middle east
    I'm sure he was joking and knew what he was saying!

ReputationRep:
    lets not get political... just askin to see if somneone has an answer
    Your right. No politics, but you honestly wont get a 'proper' answer, only some sly excuse like 'in the oslo convention, israel was established by european jurisdiction therefore...blah blah blah. You'll only get a political answer. The fact is it shouldnt be 'regarded/recognised' as european full stop.

ReputationRep:

MB
    FFS THIS IS THE KIND OF STUPID JOKES WE DONT NEED - I AM SO PISSED OFF

ReputationRep:
    but turkey is half in europe so slight difference there rite?
    surely if israel can take part in the eurovision and euro 2004 so can all the other arab countries?
    but if you look at the map, israel cuts a fine line. and FIFA splits the world up differently to political maps. because thats how they organise competitions. because you can even say north africa is in europe, but thats not how it is devided. israel's just one of them that could be on both.

ReputationRep:
    well, as history shows - The Zionist Rightist state is indeed a law unto itself, which is rather sad - as a facist state should be totally rejected by the rest of Europe

ReputationRep:
    Your right. No politics, but you honestly wont get a 'proper' answer, only some sly excuse like 'in the oslo convention, israel was established by european jurisdiction therefore...blah blah blah. You'll only get a political answer. The fact is it shouldnt be 'regarded/recognised' as european full stop.
    yes but its not situated in europe

ReputationRep:
    but if you look at the map, israel cuts a fine line. and FIFA splits the world up differently to political maps. because thats how they organise competitions. because you can even say north africa is in europe, but thats not how it is devided. israel's just one of them that could be on both.

Not really, if you look at the world map then if you were to talk about a 'fine line' then some of egypt and the arab countries would be 'considered' european as well

ReputationRep:
    Not really, if you look at the world map then if you were to talk about a 'fine line' then some of egypt and the arab countries would be 'considered' european as well
    lol thats excatly what u said, thats why i said thats not how it is devided.

ReputationRep:
    but thn lebanon and jordan are to?

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.