Turn on thread page Beta

is israel part of europe? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    isreal playing in euro2004? didnt know that, why? they arent in Europe, middle east!!!!!!

lol, yeah Isreal may as well be in the US or vice versa.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kriztinae)
    but thn lebanon and jordan are to?
    maybe they decided they want to play in the asian championship? like i said, they get to choose which one to join.

ReputationRep:
    to answer ur question

The EU-Israel Association Agreement is the main agreement governing relations between Israel and the EU. It is much more than just a free trade agreement and enables ongoing dialogue and cooperation between Israel and the EU in a wide variety of fields. The Association Agreement was signed in Brussels, on 20 November 1995, and entered into force on 1 June 2000, following ratification by the 15 Member States parliaments, the European Parliament and the Knesset. It replaces the earlier Co-operation Agreement of 1975.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 6 String)
    lol thats excatly what u said, thats why i said thats not how it is devided.
    you cant decide where europe is it is decided anyway
    israel is part of the middle east

ReputationRep:
    for further answers to ur question

http://europa.eu.int/comm/external_r.../israel/intro/

ReputationRep:
    It is quite weird tho cos in theory some of the russian players at euro 2004 could be from Yuzhno Sakhalinsk or Vladivostock - now thats quite a long way from central europe.....sakhalinsks closest neighbour is Japan!!!

ReputationRep:
    maybe they decided they want to play in the asian championship? like i said, they get to choose which one to join.
    they arent welcome into the eurovision tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MC_2k4)
    isreal playing in euro2004? didnt know that, why? they arent in Europe, middle east!!!!!!

lol, yeah Isreal may as well be in the US or vice versa.
    it didnt qualify this time

ReputationRep:
    you cant decide where europe is it is decided anyway
    israel is part of the middle east
    lol, wait a minute, you are getting political now. i said FIFA splits up the continents differently because thats how they organise competitions. which is what you wanted to know at the start? to the extent of my knowledge theres no middle east championship, so you either be in the asian one or european one, and some countries get to choose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cossack)
    It is quite weird tho cos in theory some of the russian players at euro 2004 could be from Yuzhno Sakhalinsk or Vladivostock - now thats quite a long way from central europe.....sakhalinsks closest neighbour is Japan!!!
    thats true but part of russia is in europe, and so is part of turkey, so they are allowed to take part

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cossack)
    yes but theyre still considered european......when the world was divided into european/asian etc the borders defined dont contradict some of the far russian states but if israel was considered european that does mess the map up a bit in terms of whats european and not and you might as well make U.S european or brasil asian

ReputationRep:
    they arent welcome into the eurovision tho
    that, i have no idea, i dont watch it.

ReputationRep:
    lol, wait a minute, you are getting political now. i said FIFA splits up the continents differently because thats how they organise competitions. which is what you wanted to know at the start? to the extent of my knowledge theres no middle east championship, so you either be in the asian one or european one, and some countries get to choose.
    how is that getting political!! :rolleyes:
    so if lebanon wanted to join the eurovision it could ? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    how is that getting political!! :rolleyes:
    so if lebanon wanted to join the eurovision it could ? :confused:
    i dunno, maybe if they ask nicely

ReputationRep:
    ok fair enough! anyone else know?

ReputationRep:
    no theyre not welcome, but they won it in 98, and this year they sang Leha'amin ("To Believe") they were in finals

to listen to it http://www.keithm.utvinternet.ie/Israel04.rm

ReputationRep:
    i dunno, maybe if they ask nicely
    hehe i doubt it, then jordan, egypt, syria etc etc would want to join too!

ReputationRep:
    hehe i doubt it, then jordan, egypt, syria etc etc would want to join too!
    no they dont, they dont strive to be considered european, but israel partly has opposing views with the mass majority of muslims which are its 'neighbours.' its like a fish in an aquarium surrounded by sharks but ironically israel has more nuclear power and support from U.S then most of its neighbouring countries. so its like a shark in an aquarium full of small fish. Israel doesnt want to be an arab or middle eastern, it tries to be a smaller U.S which is part of europe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swatfa)
    no they dont, they dont strive to be considered european, but israel partly has opposing views with the mass majority of muslims which are its 'neighbours.' its like a fish in an aquarium surrounded by sharks but ironically israel has more nuclear power and support from U.S then most of its neighbouring countries.
    thsts gettin political but yes i follow you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThornsnRoses)
    NO ITS NOT PART OF EUROPE OR THE MIDDLE EAST...THEYRE JUST WANNABES. THEYRE PART OF THE 'AXIS OF EVIL'...replaced Iraq..
    btw swafta...that song is ****...how did they win?!
    they won in 98 with a diff song....the one i displayed is from this year where they were semi-finalists......in my opinion all songs in the eurovision were horrendously crap, and the winners only won cause they showed 'extra skin'

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.