University of Nottingham Law/Criminology

Watch
NYNT
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello

Unfortunately I wasn't offered a place for law but the admissions office sent me an email saying they were very impressed by my application but there just wasn't enough space for them to offer me a place, so they offered me a space on either criminology with social policy or criminology with sociology at their university. My question is what is the difference between the two?

Thank you!
mattlally
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by NYNT)
Hello

Unfortunately I wasn't offered a place for law but the admissions office sent me an email saying they were very impressed by my application but there just wasn't enough space for them to offer me a place, so they offered me a space on either criminology with social policy or criminology with sociology at their university. My question is what is the difference between the two?

Thank you!
Really sorry this doesn't answer your question, but when did you apply to Nottingham, and what were your grades if you don't mind me asking?
dev123467
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by NYNT)
Hello

Thank you!
Criminology and sociology is more on how societies and individuals react to crime, define crime and respond to crime - whereas social policy takes more of a law approach, studying different laws and policies that respond and deal with crime , if you like law or prefer that side more then go with social policy although I've heard it's a bit more boring haha!
NYNT
Rep:
?
(Original post by dev123467)
Criminology and sociology is more on how societies and individuals react to crime, define crime and respond to crime - whereas social policy takes more of a law approach, studying different laws and policies that respond and deal with crime , if you like law or prefer that side more then go with social policy although I've heard it's a bit more boring haha!
Thanks so much haha! Well Nottingham has always been my dream university, but Law has always been my dream course so it looks like I will have to turn down Nottingham.. I still got two offers from 2 very good universities for Law so it's not so bad..
NYNT
Rep:
?
(Original post by mattlally)
Really sorry this doesn't answer your question, but when did you apply to Nottingham, and what were your grades if you don't mind me asking?
hey, no it's alright, at AS Level I got ABBC but dropped the C I applied to Nottingham on the 14th November, and heard back from them on the 4th December.
maryamn97
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hello,
I've also applied for Law and Nottingham is also my dream university.
I'm getting rather worried as I haven't heard back from them and I applied shortly after you.
If you don't mind me asking, did you do the LNAT? How did you find it?
I'm really nervous because I found it hard and my predicted grades are only AAB

(Original post by NYNT)
hey, no it's alright, at AS Level I got ABBC but dropped the C I applied to Nottingham on the 14th November, and heard back from them on the 4th December.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (80)
14.18%
I'm not sure (26)
4.61%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (179)
31.74%
I have already dropped out (12)
2.13%
I'm not a current university student (267)
47.34%

Watched Threads