Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn1)
    Try respect - you just might get some back :cool:
    cool you are not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    cool you are not.
    Don't you recognise good advice when you see it? You are really sticking the knife in me at the moment - I can't say or do anything right in your eyes. If you were trying to be amusing then I apologise but otherwise don't be so bitter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn1)
    Don't you recognise good advice when you see it? You are really sticking the knife in me at the moment - I can't say or do anything right in your eyes. If you were trying to be amusing then I apologise but otherwise don't be so bitter
    its not personal. its to do with bad posts.

ReputationRep:
    i dont know. i have to say, in my experience, theres a lot of 'double standards'.
    to say the least.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cirilea)
    well what i said was true people *** over to Briton and the british government using tax payers money have funded these people who then do not have the curtosiy to take on board british culture im pretty sure infact i no for a fact if we went to a country like pakistan we would have to dress like them women would not be allowed to show there legs etc etc yet wen they *** her they dnt respect our country. If n asian came up to us and called us white *******s is tht classed as racism in the same way as u callin some one a paki or black ******* no it is not they use racism as a way out in alot of cases if a policemen now arrestes to many of an ethnic minority (soon to bcum a majority) they can get fired yet it does not matter how many white people they arrest i ask u y is tht. cudnt these people be commiting crimes in the same way white people are yet u better be carefull how many coloured people u arrest weather there commiting a crime or not bcoz u mite be called racist the meaning of the word racism has got completly out of hand look at an asian wrong n your been rascist they look at you wrng u ask them wot there looking at and you yet again been racist. i hope now u can c where im cummin from i cud carry on all day but i dnt need to explain something tht every white person living in briton can see right b4 there eyes weather they choose to deny it or not is there choice but soon people are going to start to c wot is going on and then there is going to be trouble all bcoz ppl like you choose to deny wot was happening in front of u wen it was happening and left it till it was to late.
    Hmmm....

I feel that I can't really comment because I am not British.
    However, my experience in this country tells me different.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    Hmmm....

Well i am British and yes this person is evidently wrong. This is a typically misinformed view, and although I can understand it, this kind of attitude only leads to intolerance.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

ReputationRep:
    lol my bad i also suck at typing

ReputationRep:
    Although I mostly agree; "Britian" is spelt Britain.
    Alright smartypants, no need to be sarky.

Are u Irish???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hildabeast)
    Alright smartypants, no need to be sarky.

Are u Irish???

1) Wasn't being sarky. But if you are going to criticise someones spelling of a word, you should really get it right yourself!

2) Yes, I am.

ReputationRep:
    1) Wasn't being sarky. But if you are going to criticise someones spelling of a word, you should really get it right yourself!

2) Yes, I am.
    awwwww, i haven't been back to ireland for so long!!! My dad's from kerry

ReputationRep:
    awwwww, i haven't been back to ireland for so long!!! My dad's from kerry

Kerry is great, but for true Ireland; go to Connemara (deep into the Gaeltacht).

ReputationRep:
    geez, still having fun with this post people. keep up the good work I guess.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by cirilea)
    ethnic minority (soon to bcum a majority)
    :rolleyes:
    http://www.statistics.gov.uk/cci/nugget.asp?id=273

The largest ethnic minority in the UK makes up just 1.8% of the total population.
    White people comprise 92.1% of the population.
    Even if the proportion of whites drops to 49% they will still be the majority unless you view the ethnicity of the country as polarised into white and non-white.

ReputationRep:
    Well i am British and yes this person is evidently wrong. This is a typically misinformed view, and although I can understand it, this kind of attitude only leads to intolerance.

misinformed? their own senses are deceiving them?

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm....

that you can comment..?

ReputationRep:
    No im not proud to be british because they all gready and a bunch of killers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crunch03)
    No im not proud to be british because they all gready and a bunch of killers.
    so, youre accusing me of murder..?

ok..

ReputationRep:
    Proud to be Welsh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gwirion)
    Proud to be Welsh
    and not British?

ReputationRep:
    so, youre accusing me of murder..?

ok..
    I think you'll find that a minority of Irish people think that the actions of a government and it's troops (i.e. the British Para's supposedly opening fire on 'innocent' protesters), make every 'Brit' a murderer. The truth is, the whole country is not to blame, and they really should just let it go. If the para's did fire upon the protesters, then yes, THEY are guilty, but son't let it fuel a hate campaign against all British people.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.