Proud To Be British Watch

This discussion is closed.
Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
that doesnt answer the question, but anyway.
Is the pot calling the kettle black?
Vienna
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by yawn1)
I'm following your example - you still haven't answered lala's oxbridge question.
When you do I'll answer yours to me.
i didnt object.
fine.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Bigcnee)
Is the pot calling the kettle black?
yes.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Question for you three. You know who you are. Are you actually proud to be British?
lala
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
that particular post is not the sum of our activity.
i have volunteered very little, although my class and occupation are known.
i dont wish to discuss for the reasons ive given above.
I'm aware that it isnt but the fact that you havent managed any evidence speaks for itself.
creativesurgeon
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by lala)
I sympathise. I know quite a few people who were actually born here but have Irish names who've had to put up with this too. Evidently if you have any Irish connection at all you must be a member of the IRA. Well of course. It disgusts me.
That's not the case at all - my entire family are Irish, and yet they have not been called members of the IRA - but then that might have something to do with fact that they do not hold a gridge against the British
creativesurgeon
Report 15 years ago
Oh, and I am not proud to be British at all - I am proud to be English. I have no desire to be associated with the Scots, Welsh or NI's.
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by creativesurgeon)
That's not the case at all - my entire family are Irish, and yet they have not been called members of the IRA - but then that might have something to do with fact that they do not hold a gridge against the British
Neither do I, a**hole.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by lala)
I'm aware that it isnt but the fact that you havent managed any evidence speaks for itself.
or the motivation to randomly trawl 4months of posts?
smirf
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ickle_katy)
yes.......except tony bliar's a pillock

love Katy ***
I so agree
creativesurgeon
Report 15 years ago
Neither do I, a**hole.
I never said you did. Why the f*ck are you calling me that?
creativesurgeon
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by smirf)
I so agree
I'd rather take my chances with him that the Lib Dems... ANYONE BUT THE LIB DEMS!
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I never said you did. Why the f*ck are you calling me that?
You implied that me having "a grudge against the British" is the source of my abuse.
creativesurgeon
Report 15 years ago
You implied that me having "a grudge against the British" is the source of my abuse.
The source of your abuse? So you admit it then? Perhaps you should be a little more open minded regarding your opinions - most of us are patriotic, but we don't try to shove it down people's throats.

And I know what's coming now - "When do I ever shove it down people's throats"?!
DevilsDoor
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
*Raises an eyebrow* and here I was thinking I was posting in a thread on whether Im proud to be British or not....

Im proud of my heritage, im proud of who I am, Im not proud of what our society have become, low tolerance, ignorance, narrow minded an unwillingness to accept, involve, introduce new things. We call ourselves civilised when we cant even accept that humans come in all shapes, sizes, colour, gender
creativesurgeon
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by DevilsDoor)
*Raises an eyebrow* and here I was thinking I was posting in a thread on whether Im proud to be British or not....

Im proud of my heritage, im proud of who I am, Im not proud of what our society have become, low tolerance, ignorance, narrow minded an unwillingness to accept, involve, introduce new things. We call ourselves civilised when we cant even accept that humans come in all shapes, sizes, colour, gender
I don't think that is 'us', as individuals - we are heavilt influenced by our parents, peers and media - if you are continuously told to hate someone, you will end up doing it - an extreme case, I know, but it has been proven
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
The source of your abuse? So you admit it then? Perhaps you should be a little more open minded regarding your opinions - most of us are patriotic, but we don't try to shove it down people's throats.

And I know what's coming now - "When do I ever shove it down people's throats"?!
Sorry, but you have misinterpreted what I wrote. Maybe if you look back through the posts, it will become clearer.
lala
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
or the motivation to randomly trawl 4months of posts?
convenient.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by lala)
convenient.
very.
101mphfastball
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I am half British and American, however I am way more american than British although I have spent most of my life in the UK, I grew up with friends from my home State of Texas who also lived in the UK for a time. All my life I have had so much fun made of me for being from the States, although most just been for fun I have also had a lot of hate, even viloence directed at me in the UK just for being from the States. Most people I know who really hate Americans don't know any, some may have met 1 or 2, a large proportion of a 300 million population. People go on about TV too, I thought TV wasn't real and that they were all actors? Just like Eastenders aint a representation of everything British either.
Accents well, people make fun of the way I talk all the time, but then when I was in Minneapolis just cause I lived in England everyone thought I'd be able to understand these guys from Newcastle, I never knew one thing they said. Weird accent, but hey it don't make them dumb, not annoying like people say I am, I just couldn't understand em.
Though we all speak english although most people I know say I don't we are all from very different cultures, and should except that, Be proud if there is something to be proud about, if there aint try to do somethin so you can be!!!!
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (158)
13.3%
Excited (106)
8.92%
Worried (217)
18.27%
Terrified (277)
23.32%
Meh (94)
7.91%
Confused (32)
2.69%