Proud To Be British Watch

This discussion is closed.
curryADD
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by 101mphfastball)
I am half British and American, however I am way more american than British although I have spent most of my life in the UK, I grew up with friends from my home State of Texas who also lived in the UK for a time. All my life I have had so much fun made of me for being from the States, although most just been for fun I have also had a lot of hate, even viloence directed at me in the UK just for being from the States. Most people I know who really hate Americans don't know any, some may have met 1 or 2, a large proportion of a 300 million population. People go on about TV too, I thought TV wasn't real and that they were all actors? Just like Eastenders aint a representation of everything British either.
Accents well, people make fun of the way I talk all the time, but then when I was in Minneapolis just cause I lived in England everyone thought I'd be able to understand these guys from Newcastle, I never knew one thing they said. Weird accent, but hey it don't make them dumb, not annoying like people say I am, I just couldn't understand em.
Though we all speak english although most people I know say I don't we are all from very different cultures, and should except that, Be proud if there is something to be proud about, if there aint try to do somethin so you can be!!!!
go you buddi! proud to be a texan, finally anouther one on the forums....its great to have company...of course i lived in california 4 about 10 years, but i like texas better, having lived there 4 four! also how do stand the cold in england? brrr!
cirilea
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
"All my life I have had so much fun made of me for being from the States"

thts coz the english are fed up of Americans n there big heads...!!
cirilea
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by eric bischoff)
yes,very
someone who is proud im very proud to be English shame were been envaded by others (sayin tht in the best non racist way poss)......
lyd
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
if you're so proud to be english, then kindly learn to spell in your own language. jeez.

anyway, i have lived in britain half my life and i don't feel british. a few times a year, i will invariably get random people shouting racist abuse at me, so it's kinda hard to feel british when you are reminded that other people don't see you as such.
101mphfastball
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by cirilea)
"All my life I have had so much fun made of me for being from the States"

thts coz the english are fed up of Americans n there big heads...!!
----------------------------------------------------------
So you have met all Americans and can without a doubt categorically say we all have big heads???!!!

No matter what nation you meet people from there will always be big heads, including the UK. However to say an entire nation is big headed, is not only unfair but most probably unprovable.

Y'all have a nice day now!
hattori
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
someone who is proud im very proud to be English shame were been envaded by others (sayin tht in the best non racist way poss)......
You probably were an invader as well unless you can trace your roots back to tribal days. so **** you!!!
creativesurgeon
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by 101mphfastball)
----------------------------------------------------------
So you have met all Americans and can without a doubt categorically say we all have big heads???!!!

Y'all have a nice day now!
See? How can he have a big head?! He wished us all a nice day! What a nice man. (that sounded a bit fruity actually.... :eek: )
creativesurgeon
Report 14 years ago
You do realise that you are probably an Anglo-Saxon - which means you are probably from Norman descent.
cirilea
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lyd)
if you're so proud to be english, then kindly learn to spell in your own language. jeez.

anyway, i have lived in britain half my life and i don't feel british. a few times a year, i will invariably get random people shouting racist abuse at me, so it's kinda hard to feel british when you are reminded that other people don't see you as such.

at least i am english ill use the language how i wnt dnt u dare try n tell me to learn to spell it and as for "i have lived in britain half my life and i don't feel british" if u dnt like it dnt come here
lala
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by creativesurgeon)
You do realise that you are probably an Anglo-Saxon - which means you are probably from Norman descent.
hehe. Cirelea is from immigrant stock! Coming over here, taking our jobs and our women...
cirilea
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lala)
hehe. Cirelea is from immigrant stock! Coming over here, taking our jobs and our women...

what do you mean..?
lala
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
what do you mean..?
That I agree with creativesurgeon (and don't think much of what you said to lyd either). Even those of the population who would consider themselves ethnically British- like you I guess, are descended from foreigners. Invaders and immigrants all! You yourself have their blood running through your veins. The Brits arent called a mongrel race for nothing you know! Celts, Romans, Angles, Saxons, Picts, Jutes, Normans, Vikings- they all left their mark in the gene pool.
cirilea
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lala)
That I agree with creativesurgeon (and don't think much of what you said to lyd either). Even those of the population who would consider themselves ethnically British- like you I guess, are descended from foreigners. Invaders and immigrants all! You yourself have their blood running through your veins. The Brits arent called a mongrel race for nothing you know! Celts, Romans, Angles, Saxons, Picts, Jutes, Normans, Vikings- they all left their mark in the gene pool.
it aint tht i care about wen did asians start cummin here wen they realised they cud get freebies
Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
it aint tht i care about wen did asians start cummin here wen they realised they cud get freebies
You know little about anything.
lala
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Right, so your immigrant ancestors are ok then, its just a problem if you happen to be brown. Hypocrite.
In large numbers, they began to come over after WW2 when the British government appealed to the commonwealth for workers. Which sort of spoils your spectacularly stupid argument.
Lyd was right about your English, by the way. 'Cummin' spelt that way usually refers to ejaculation, surely?
cirilea
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lala)
Right, so your immigrant ancestors are ok then, its just a problem if you happen to be brown. Hypocrite.
In large numbers, they began to come over after WW2 when the British government appealed to the commonwealth for workers. Which sort of spoils your spectacularly stupid argument.
Lyd was right about your English, by the way.

ok so one thinks that before you **** me off you should at least spell my name right it was written infront of you after all. and maybe Hitler should of envaded England and taken it over it might be in a better state one thinks. not because he killed the Jews etc i dont agree with that but his country ran germany for german people where is an england for english people
lala
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
ok so one thinks that before you **** me off you should at least spell my name right it was written infront of you after all. and maybe Hitler should of envaded England and taken it over it might be in a better state one thinks. not because he killed the Jews etc i dont agree with that but his country ran germany for german people where is an england for english people
You arent one to be lecturing about spelling. Though of course I will check it if I ever have cause to write your name again.
wtf are you talking about? Are you a ****ing Nazi? Or just a ranting moron unable to put together a half sensible argument?
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lala)
wtf are you talking about? Are you a ****ing Nazi? Or just a ranting moron unable to put together a half sensible argument?
maybe they are suggesting that they would like England to become an England for English people, which is ludicrous as England is built on the back of multiculturalism (and extortion of immigrants).
gemgems89
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lala)
You arent one to be lecturing about spelling. Though of course I will check it if I ever have cause to write your name again.
Must be. What a fool!!!
cirilea
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lala)
wtf difference does it make after all dnt we live in a world where different views are excepted etc uv said tht ur self

but to answer ur question no am not but i dnt have a problem with people tht are i jus admire hitler im not afraid to admit tht he did have some good ideas admititdly alot of them where bad the racism, the holocaust but he was a good leader he had good ideas jus went about them wrng
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (169)
18.59%
No (554)
60.95%
Not really bothered about them (186)
20.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed