Proud To Be British Watch

This discussion is closed.
LH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I imagine a very. vey small percentage of the British population is directly descended from Britons of old, before Roman Times.
cirilea
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by lala)
Erm, in Britain we can wear what we like. And so by choosing to wear Asian costume they are not challenging british rules. Anyway, why the hell shouldnt anybody who wants to be able to wear Asian clothes? Btw, its funny how you seem to have a thing against Asians but never mention other immigrant groups. Like the ones who you're descended from for example.

to my knowedge i have checked my family history or at least seen it when one of my relatives was looking back at anchestors, and none of my anchestors had blood from say france, germany etc....... they only have the blood of been born english. i say english bcause to many people now like to call them selves british when they are not. and did u no in france they have band the asians from wearing headscarfs in skools etc but they have been fair about it and band jewish skull caps and christian crosses etc at last the french do something right people are equal when religion doesnt come into it it causes far to many wars. id have so much less of a problem if people were made to fit in with the surronding and not stick out like sore thumbs wearing curtains.
lala
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by cirilea)
to my knowedge i have checked my family history or at least seen it when one of my relatives was looking back at anchestors, and none of my anchestors had blood from say france, germany etc....... they only have the blood of been born english. i say english bcause to many people now like to call them selves british when they are not. and did u no in france they have band the asians from wearing headscarfs in skools etc but they have been fair about it and band jewish skull caps and christian crosses etc at last the french do something right people are equal when religion doesnt come into it it causes far to many wars. id have so much less of a problem if people were made to fit in with the surronding and not stick out like sore thumbs wearing curtains.
The point I was making is that if your blood is 'English' then there will be plenty of French and German in there thanks to the Normans and Saxons, it just goes back a while. I take it you didnt know that English people are of such mixed blood? Well now you do. You're as much of a mixture as anyone, and your ancestors were immigrants too. So if you want to rail against immigrants, you're going to have to do it in such a way that doesnt implicate yourself too!
It wasnt Asians in France who were banned form wearing headscarves, it was all people in schools. I think however you might mean Muslims- most French Muslims are of African descent, and not all Asians are Muslim. You're so ignorant its untrue- if you want to discuss this at least get some of your facts right, please!
If religion causes war, how come two of the most prolific mass murderers of the century suppressed it? Hitler and Stalin, in case you were wondering.
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by lala)
If religion causes war, how come two of the most prolific mass murderers of the century suppressed it? Hitler and Stalin, in case you were wondering.
religion can cause war. mass murder (murder implies it wasn't done legally within their own laws) does not equal war.
lala
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
religion can cause war. mass murder (murder implies it wasn't done legally within their own laws) does not equal war.
It can be a contributor, sure, but what I mean is that sadly humanity does no need much of an excuse to go to war, and in cases where religion has been a factor if it wasnt that it would have been someting else anyway. Sorry if I wasnt clear.
cirilea
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by lala)
The point I was making is that if your blood is 'English' then there will be plenty of French and German in there thanks to the Normans and Saxons, it just goes back a while. I take it you didnt know that English people are of such mixed blood? Well now you do. You're as much of a mixture as anyone, and your ancestors were immigrants too. So if you want to rail against immigrants, you're going to have to do it in such a way that doesnt implicate yourself too!
It wasnt Asians in France who were banned form wearing headscarves, it was all people in schools. I think however you might mean Muslims- most French Muslims are of African descent, and not all Asians are Muslim. You're so ignorant its untrue- if you want to discuss this at least get some of your facts right, please!
erm again ur not reading wot i put i did say in skools( schools)!!! and i no about the romans etc etc but the people tht are english and have been here are one culture we dnt need other like asians, pakistanis answer this how come then they get out religious holidays easter, christmas etc off school but we dnt get there religious holidays off........ i mean if were been fair and all...

"what are you doing here i said what are you doing here this is not your country...."
cirilea
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by lala)
y cant u understand what im saying in short it one rule for them another rule for us take this example when i was at secondary school in years 7,8 and 9 you had to wear a blazer when you got to year 10 and 11 you didnt have to wear the blazer you could wear the jumper but thru 7,8 and 9 asian pupils didt have to wear blazers they could just wear jumpers tell me how tht is fair (ALSO BEAR IN MIND THE PRICE OF THE JUMPER WAS ABOUT £25 THE PRICE OF A BLAZER WAS £49)... also in PE there was a strict uniform girls had to wear the PE skirts or shorts or the skool joggin bottoms but only in winter asian girls cud wear jogin bottoms and jumpers ne time not only tht but they did have to wear the skool compulsory clothes they wore addias bottoms if a white girls was to do tht they would have to change them and wear some of the the crap Out of the lost property.... ANSWER ME HOW IS THAT FAIR.....? BECAUSE TO ME IT ISNT.................
100% Blade
Report 15 years ago
Very proud to be British!
curryADD
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by 100% Blade)
Very proud to be British!
its the illegal immigrants that bug me.....for example one was caught stealing a car we deported him back to mexico and the whole entire mexican community starts to protest and go crazy.....he wasn't even in america legally!!!!!he didnt have any rights, he was lucky we let him stay for so long!
curryADD
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by creativesurgeon)
ONE: Stop changing the subject.
TWO: We are not here to persecute you.
THREE: Why do you find it impossible to use punctuation.
ok you so totally stole my sig.....american by birth and texas by the grace of god was copywritten....cant just plug in words!!!!!
lala
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
y cant u understand what im saying in short it one rule for them another rule for us take this example when i was at secondary school in years 7,8 and 9 you had to wear a blazer when you got to year 10 and 11 you didnt have to wear the blazer you could wear the jumper but thru 7,8 and 9 asian pupils didt have to wear blazers they could just wear jumpers tell me how tht is fair (ALSO BEAR IN MIND THE PRICE OF THE JUMPER WAS ABOUT £25 THE PRICE OF A BLAZER WAS £49)... also in PE there was a strict uniform girls had to wear the PE skirts or shorts or the skool joggin bottoms but only in winter asian girls cud wear jogin bottoms and jumpers ne time not only tht but they did have to wear the skool compulsory clothes they wore addias bottoms if a white girls was to do tht they would have to change them and wear some of the the crap Out of the lost property.... ANSWER ME HOW IS THAT FAIR.....? BECAUSE TO ME IT ISNT.................
I dont think you understand what I'm saying. You are of immigrant descent yourself. And you're still mixing up Asians with Muslims. Not all Asians are Muslim (Jools, for example) and not all Muslims are Asian- look at Arabs for example.
I dont know anything about the situation at your school so I cant really comment on that. You need, however, to understand the two basic points I've given above.
kikzen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by lala)
Erm, in Britain we can wear what we like. And so by choosing to wear Asian costume they are not challenging british rules. Anyway, why the hell shouldnt anybody who wants to be able to wear Asian clothes? Btw, its funny how you seem to have a thing against Asians but never mention other immigrant groups. Like the ones who you're descended from for example.
i agree with that; we should have the right to wear what we want (and similarly should the students in France..) but what I don't understand is why people aren't being FORCED to learn English. All paperwork in this country should be English (since this is, afterall, England).
cirilea
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by kikzen)
i agree with that; we should have the right to wear what we want (and similarly should the students in France..) but what I don't understand is why people aren't being FORCED to learn English. All paperwork in this country should be English (since this is, afterall, England).
no you shouldn't coz back in pakistan white women still have to keep certain parts a there body coverd out of respect but you are right with all should speak English (you talk about paperwork) because it would be so much easier for yall to fill in the immigration papers to get into the country even quicker and get all ya family in here to. certainly would save sometime ey?
lala
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
no you shouldn't coz back in pakistan white women still have to keep certain parts a there body coverd out of respect but you are right with all should speak English (you talk about paperwork) because it would be so much easier for yall to fill in the immigration papers to get into the country even quicker and get all ya family in here to. certainly would save sometime ey?
Nobody who chooses to cover their head in the UK is breaking with local customs, since in Britain we can wear what we want. That includes things that you don't like. You don't seem able to get your head around this.
Quite a few Pakistani women are light skinned by the way, and also not all Muslims are Pakistani, nor Pakistanis Muslims. We've been through this.
kikzen
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i meant here in england.

in pakistan people should cover up.. but over here, it shouldnt really matter.
cirilea
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by lala)
Nobody who chooses to cover their head in the UK is breaking with local customs, since in Britain we can wear what we want. That includes things that you don't like. You don't seem able to get your head around this.
Quite a few Pakistani women are light skinned by the way, and also not all Muslims are Pakistani, nor Pakistanis Muslims. We've been through this.
i no that but i have not once actually said that Pakistanis are all muslim and vice versa so i don't no why you keep sayin that to me, you are just reading into what im saying which is bad really because you might pick up the wrong end of the stick like you seem to have. By saying that i seem to think that all pakistanis are muslims, comment on what i say not what you think i might be saying or don't speak at all. if i was to be p/c all the time i would spend my time listing all the different religions in a country rather than just doing things the easyier way and using a general word, term, or pharse to cover all in that area do you see what i am trying to say? (would you preffere if if i used the ter middle-east but then i would be including chinese and japanese and i do not wish to include them) and i don,t care if "pakistanis" are black, brown, green, white, yellow, multi-colour or red. i am not basing my opinions on the colour of some one which also seems to be something else you seem to be thinking i am saying with i quote "Quite a few Pakistani women are light skinned by the way". please read what i say not what you want to think i am saying and i might start talking to you more in proper English i am educated dispite what you think. Its i just dont choose to type the long way all the time. (again i apologise for my spelling but i can't help that it is not like i do it on purpose.)
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
im very proud to be british
thefish_uk
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by eric bischoff)
im very proud to be british
And me!

Probably better than being American, anyway...
bumblebee86
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by thefish_uk)
And me!

Probably better than being American, anyway...
SOooo..why are you so proud to be British? Most of the traditions adopted by the British are from other cultures and go back to the Romans. In addition, the British economy and commonwealth was built from the blood and sweat of other races; who were packed in ships as sardines. Read 'Staying Power - A History of Black People' and you shall understand why I reason as I do.

Britain was built on slavery. Is that anything to be proud of?

Peace

John
pedy1986
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I always thought i was a european!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (53)
74.65%
Leave (18)
25.35%

Watched Threads