Proud To Be British Watch

This discussion is closed.
curryADD
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
yeh but it is for open and sensible discussions ,not ranting about how racist all white people are
exactly i happen to be white and i am not racist....
pkonline
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
When did the poster say that?
JSM
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by jndikum)
You obviously don't understand how hard it must have been for my ancestors when they were raped and beaten by the Europeans. Well you shall never understand..you live in a country where brown people have to work ten times as hard to get in the same position as a European. And it so happens..ur skin is the right colour Mr. BNP
wats wit hthis post then, he/she can express any views they want as long as they are civil and reasonable
pkonline
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well I guess different people are subject to different rules.
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by pkonline)
Well I guess different people are subject to different rules.
are you implying I have double standards, cos in this case i do not and i normally do and there is nothing wrong with them anyway *whew*
pkonline
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
are you implying I have double standards, cos in this case i do not and i normally do and there is nothing wrong with them anyway *whew*
If there's nothing wrong with them then whats the point of the post?
pkonline
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Plus who's hear to judge whether a view is reasonable and civil? Isn't it the point of debate and discussion to exchange different views that you wouldn't normally consider?
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Plus who's hear to judge whether a view is reasonable and civil? Isn't it the point of debate and discussion to exchange different views that you wouldn't normally consider?
yep, but if i went on a webiste and was rude about all blacks or muslims or chinese. I would be metaphorically lynched. Why can he get away with it, i just disliked his attitude to the serious problem of racism.
pkonline
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
yep, but if i went on a webiste and was rude about all blacks or muslims or chinese. I would be metaphorically lynched. Why can he get away with it, i just disliked his attitude to the serious problem of racism.
By all means deplore what people say, but I'd definately defend their right to say it.
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
By all means deplore what people say, but I'd definately defend their right to say it.
my favourite quote " I may not agree with what a man has to say but i will defend to the deaht his right to say it" - Voltaire, i hav no problem with his opinions, just with inciting racial hatred.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
This is an open board where people can post what they think and feel isn't it. Don't they have a right just as much as anyone, even if you disagree with them? Their civil liberties perhaps...?
yes, and your point being?
pkonline
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
my favourite quote " I may not agree with what a man has to say but i will defend to the deaht his right to say it" - Voltaire, i hav no problem with his opinions, just with inciting racial hatred.
But has the poster done so, and where is the incitment?
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
drop it, basically i disagreed with his implying that all white people are racist as that is such a stereotypical view and i am sick and tired of it and the view that it is always black/asian people who are the victims of racism.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i was basically more irritated by the rudeness of the post... if i have to read bull**** id rather its put across politely.
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
i was basically more irritated by the rudeness of the post... if i have to read bull**** id rather its put across politely.
that is the 1st time i have ever heard you swear
pkonline
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
So basically u disagree with it so u think it shouldn't be posted.

OK.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by eric bischoff)
that is the 1st time i have ever heard you swear
bull**** is rather mild, but i do reserve it for extreme cases, yes.
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

OK.
no, anyone can post anything they like as long as it does not spread malicious or hurtful lies, like I am racist because I am white.
pkonline
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
no, anyone can post anything they like as long as it does not spread malicious or hurtful lies, like I am racist because I am white.
But the poster didn't say that. And if someone did say that, surely the best thing to do is to confront it, not dismiss it or ignore it?
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

OK.
erm, if you can run through your deduction id be interested to hear it.

i didnt like the way he expressed his opinion. it was rude and generally aggressive bearing in mind most people where genuinely challenging his/her comments. i thought what he had to say was entire rubbish. had it been stated in the manner most of us expect here, he would have had every right to post, but as my comment("i hope you disappear") made clear, i wouldnt particuarly appreciate seeing this poster again..
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (65)
14.19%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (70)
15.28%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (89)
19.43%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (185)
40.39%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (21)
4.59%
No particular grades needed (28)
6.11%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise