Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kildare)
    Whichever you wish.
    Yeah, it's great to be able to choose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hitchhiker_13)
    Yeah, it's great to be able to choose.
    No kidding. I have duel (or dual) citizenship, British and American. This means I get two legal pasports! Great fun to be had winding people up. Next to get two drivers licences

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pal_sch)
    No kidding. I have duel (or dual) citizenship, British and American. This means I get two legal pasports! Great fun to be had winding people up. Next to get two drivers licences
    Me too! But mine are British and Canadian

ReputationRep:
    Not proud, when I think of the way the British goverment, in the name of the British people, went to war against Iraq, on the basis of gross exagerrations (= lies for me), with probably close to 5000 civilian and 30,000 Iraqi military dead.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing we can do about that now though. I didn't realise there were that many casualties in Iraq

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emom100)
    Nothing we can do about that now though. I didn't realise there were that many casualties in Iraq
    there may not have been..its thought that Iraqi combattant casualties could have been between 15,000 to 45,000..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toyosi)
    wish people would register instead of hiding behind the veil of anonymity
    Both you and me are registered and logged in and you still don't know who I am and vice versa.

But I can tell you that I'm very proud to be British and I think it's quite sad that we're encouraged not to be just incase somebody gets offended. Why is it that everyone else is allowed to be as proud as punch of their background/history/culture and we're not?!!

ReputationRep:
    I am damn proud to be British. I'm stuck in the states with my parents...it is now when you shall truly appreciate how lucky you REALLY ARE...nothing ever gets done here. Bunch of conserative fools--HELP :confused:

I can't wait to go home next year.

ReputationRep:
    sure I'm proud to be british I just detest a large segmant of the british population that's all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    I am proud to be British but I do not like all Britons.

In particular those ones who go abroad and act like a load of drunken hooligans which means that all foreigners think that we all behave in such a way.
    Yes that is exactly the factor that makes me embarrased of being British and another factor is the common behaviour of the majority of the population.

ReputationRep:
    no its a cringe

ReputationRep:
    I'm proud to be British and also proud to be Scottish.

ReputationRep:
    what briton in there right mind isnt proud.this country has been spoiled.there was a time when old people were recognised for the hard work and taxes they have put into this country.PENSIONERS BEFORE ASYLUM SEEKERS i say.congrats to all the hard working british whos ancestors helped to build britain and europe.
    PENSIONERS BEFORE ASYLUM SEEKERS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by born in britain)
    what briton in there right mind isnt proud.this country has been spoiled.there was a time when old people were recognised for the hard work and taxes they have put into this country.PENSIONERS BEFORE ASYLUM SEEKERS i say.congrats to all the hard working british whos ancestors helped to build britain and europe.
    hi sexy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chocolate_Lover)
    no its a cringe
    obviously not british or from a british family.just jealous of our proud hard working history.not to mention some pretty brilliant music and footy matches that have come out of england.

ReputationRep:
    obviously not british or from a british family.just jealous of our proud hard working history.not to mention some pretty brilliant music and footy matches that have come out of england.
    history is not significant

ReputationRep:
    Im French N Proud To B (french)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    history is not significant

apperently it is.how many times do africans play the guilt on the slavery thing that happened 200 years ago and is nothing to do with them?or the asians and the like who believe they have been repressed for so many years.

ReputationRep:
    apperently it is.how many times do africans play the guilt on the slavery thing that happened 200 years ago and is nothing to do with them?or the asians and the like who believe they have been repressed for so many years.
    lol have u seen the football factory? u sound like a character from there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by g_skeats)
    Are you proud to be british, Yes or No?

Yes, England is banners held high in my heart. **** Islam. :mad: :mad:

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.