This discussion is closed.
serendipity
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
You can be from Northern Ireland (therefore Irish) and British, seeing as Northern Ireland is part of Britain, the same way as i am Scottish AND British.
serendipity
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by creativesurgeon)
Especially when Scots have seats in our Parliament, but we don't get any in theirs.
I totally agree, and i am Scottish. It's ridiculous. We even have a Scottish Health Minister, for god's sake. What right has he to come down here and govern our health system?
Vienna
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by serendipity)
You can be from Northern Ireland (therefore Irish) and British, seeing as Northern Ireland is part of Britain, the same way as i am Scottish AND British.
hehe, Northen Ireland is now Ireland? hmm, i think David Trimble might have something to say about that, i think hed say, no its not.
creativesurgeon
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
hehe, Northen Ireland is now Ireland? hmm, i think David Trimble might have something to say about that, i think hed say, no its not.
Let's sort this out...
The state that is currently known as the Republic of Ireland (or Eire) became a Republic, but under British Rule in the 1890's - 1910's (I think). Those people who signed the agreement were then executed by Irish Terrorists who didn't want to serve under British Rule.

They then became totally seperate from Britain, however, it was decided that the Provinces now known as Northern Ireland would remain under British Rule.

As this is seperate from the British Mainland, it became known as The United Kingdom of Great Britiain and Northern Ireland. That does not mean that Northern Ireland is not part of, or any less a part of the rest of the United Kingdom.

Thus endth todays lesson.
Rocky
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Unregistered)
Can you define "British"?
Yes I can define the british very well birtish + the queen + tony blair = scum bags
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by byb3)
shakespeare will be spinning in his grave if we ever spell the word colour without a u.

Ad
sry but who cares about shakespear....im sure hes brilliant, but really; in america hes required reading
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Adhsur)
American accents sound so casual and horrifyingly nasal! I hate them. However, I hardly seem to notice when they're on TV.
i have a california accent....the reason why the accents that you hear on tv are so different from real life is because there california accents.... which is really (in america) the LACK of accent........ but i LOVE southern accents....how could you not?
Crunch03
Report 15 years ago
Let's sort this out...
The state that is currently known as the Republic of Ireland (or Eire) became a Republic, but under British Rule in the 1890's - 1910's (I think). Those people who signed the agreement were then executed by Irish Terrorists who didn't want to serve under British Rule.

They then became totally seperate from Britain, however, it was decided that the Provinces now known as Northern Ireland would remain under British Rule.

As this is seperate from the British Mainland, it became known as The United Kingdom of Great Britiain and Northern Ireland. That does not mean that Northern Ireland is not part of, or any less a part of the rest of the United Kingdom.

Thus endth todays lesson.
Ireland WILL one day sure be free again and until then TIOCFAIDH AR LA (Are Day Will Come).
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Crunch03)
Ireland WILL one day sure be free again and until then TIOCFAIDH AR LA (Are Day Will Come).
where is derry? in ireland? :confused:
joey big balls
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Crunch03)
Well said crunch! we will we reclaim what was taken off us by those sumbags
joey big balls
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by curryADD)
Derry is in ireland u simple *****
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by joey big balls)
Derry is in ireland u simple *****
im in texas idiot how the hell am i supposed to kno that?
joey big balls
Report 15 years ago
im in texas idiot how the hell am i supposed to kno that?
U ****in americans r all simple *******s
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
U ****in americans r all simple *******s
erm no were not and your generalizations are widely used and untrue...i sugest you visit america before you call us that! just because i dont know where derry is DOESNT mean im stupid....and you not knowing that makes YOU look stupid!
creativesurgeon
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Rocky)
birtish + the queen + tony blair = scum bags
At least we can spell.
creativesurgeon
Report 15 years ago
Derry is in Northern Ireland, currently heavily divided by the UK/Eire split (although you'll get very few pro-brit people up there).

It is officially (Ordanance Survey) called Londonderry, but they consider it to be a crime to call it that - which is why the Irish call it Derry, the British call it LondonDerry. That answer your question?
Attached files
joey big balls
Report 15 years ago
erm no were not and your generalizations are widely used and untrue...i sugest you visit america before you call us that! just because i dont know where derry is DOESNT mean im stupid....and you not knowing that makes YOU look stupid!
ah....rite den!? u rare *******! i bet ur a fat **** aint u? al u annoyin american r fat ****s
creativesurgeon
Report 15 years ago
Well said crunch! we will we reclaim what was taken off us by those sumbags
TIOCFAIDH AR LA - and? I know what it means you pratt, in fact, I probably know more about the history of Ireland, the language and the Troubles than half of you over there - all you want is a bloody fight, about a couple of provinces that, to be quite honest, nobody cares about. In fact, I see absoultely no advantage in being associated with the Northern Irish.

Times have changed, the IRA, UDA and all the rest pose absolutely no threat to us what-so-ever.

What crack's me right up is the fact that you are using UK, yes, that is right you eejit, UNITED KINGDOM Learning Forum to talk about it. Use your head sonny.
joey big balls
Report 15 years ago
Derry is in Northern Ireland, currently heavily divided by the UK/Eire split (although you'll get very few pro-brit people up there).

It is officially (Ordanance Survey) called Londonderry, but they consider it to be a crime to call it that - which is why the Irish call it Derry, the British call it LondonDerry. That answer your question?
fuc off u ya **** ye no ur abrit ye can fucin smell dirty hun ******* "the laughter of are children will be the sound of r revenge"
Crunch03
Report 15 years ago
TIOCFAIDH AR LA - and? I know what it means you pratt, in fact, I probably know more about the history of Ireland, the language and the Troubles than half of you over there - all you want is a bloody fight, about a couple of provinces that, to be quite honest, nobody cares about. In fact, I see absoultely no advantage in being associated with the Northern Irish.

Times have changed, the IRA, UDA and all the rest pose absolutely no threat to us what-so-ever.

What crack's me right up is the fact that you are using UK, yes, that is right you eejit, UNITED KINGDOM Learning Forum to talk about it. Use your head sonny.
Dont be so silly you dont know more about ireland and its language or its history. I can speak Irish and have a Gold faine.
X
Back
to top

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (145)
24.37%
Pop (145)
24.37%
Jazz (26)
4.37%
Classical (34)
5.71%