Proud To Be British Watch

This discussion is closed.
Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by vienna95)
a feeling that is shared by alot of people.
Unfortunately.
Vienna
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Bigcnee)
Unfortunately.
i dont see why..its their choice aswell as being perfectly legitimate.
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i dont see why..its their choice aswell as being perfectly legitimate.
Why would people care about what they call themselves; unless they have a problem with the certain nationality.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Why would people care about what they call themselves; unless they have a problem with the certain nationality.
i think the poster was pointing out the need for social harmonisation and assimilation.
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i think the poster was pointing out the need for social harmonisation and assimilation.
Lol. How can;

"Why don't they speak English in front of us?"
"Why don't they wear British clothes, and join in with British culture?"

Translate to;

"I think the poster was pointing out the need for social harmonisation and assimilation."

Nice try, Vienna.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Lol. How can;

"Why don't they speak English in front of us?"
"Why don't they wear British clothes, and join in with British culture?"

Translate to;

"I think the poster was pointing out the need for social harmonisation and assimilation."

Nice try, Vienna.
i think it is rather inpolite of you to belittle someones comments based on the fact that they cant express them as best as we might wish. they were pointing out two prominent examples of problems in social harmonisation, that being the lack of effort made by non-indigenous citizens to learn the english language and/or to assimilate themselves with British culture.
Sire
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i think it is rather inpolite of you to belittle someones comments based on the fact that they cant express them as best as we might wish. they were pointing out two prominent examples of problems in social harmonisation, that being the lack of effort made by non-indigenous citizens to learn the english language and/or to assimilate themselves with British culture.
Here here, well said.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Sire)
Here here, well said.
hehe, Mr.White will hear of your support.
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Not at all. The person expressed his/her views quite adequately. I think it is quite impolite for you to butt-in ansd explain what you think the person was trying to point out.

Last time I checked, it is OK to be British whilst, embracing and practising the culture of your predecessors.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Not at all. The person expressed his/her views quite adequately. I think it is quite impolite for you to butt-in ansd explain what you think the person was trying to point out.
if butting in was replying to your, firstly, dry one-word answer to their comment and then a counter comment against it then by all means, although i have to say it must leave you with a warped sense of forum mechanics.

Last time I checked, it is OK to be British whilst, embracing and practising the culture of your predecessors.
but can you expect that to generate social harmonisation and the assimilation of Britons with non-British heritage.
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
if butting in was replying to your, firstly, dry one-word answer to their comment and then a counter comment against it then by all means, although i have to say it must leave you with a warped sense of forum mechanics.

but can you expect that to generate social harmonisation and the assimilation of Britons with non-British heritage.
lol @ "Forum mechanics".

I wish I'd taken that module at A-Level Maths.
androidkiller
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Why do some politicians now seem to think its wrong to be patriotic. They seem to think that patriotism is anti - everyone else. But its not. In fact, if everyone was proud of their country and willing to do their best for it, while at the same time helping other countries, Briton might not have degenerated like it has in the past 50 years.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
lol @ "Forum mechanics".

or looked the word up...
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by androidkiller)
Why do some politicians now seem to think its wrong to be patriotic. They seem to think that patriotism is anti - everyone else. But its not. In fact, if everyone was proud of their country and willing to do their best for it, while at the same time helping other countries, Briton might not have degenerated like it has in the past 50 years.
patriotism generally runs against the European idea of multi-culturalism, which is the big agenda throughout the EU at the moment. unfortunately, they'll do anything to distort reality to acheive this. thus being patriotic quickly gets allied to racism...in short its not PC.
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
or looked the word up...
I'm pretty sure 'Forum Mechanics' is two words.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
it is.
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by bigcnee)
lol @ "Forum mechanics".

or looked the word up...
(Original post by bigncee)
it is.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
the word being mechanics, since your reference to 'that module at A-Level Maths'

pedantic...
Bigcnee
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
the word being mechanics, since your reference to 'that module at A-Level Maths'

pedantic...
Pedanticity is what you get when you take a light-hearted joke, seriously.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Pedanticity is what you get when you take a light-hearted joke, seriously.
forgive me, the amount of (still unmoderated) abuse ive sustained this morning has turned my sense of humour cold.
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (212)
12.76%
Excited (148)
8.91%
Worried (302)
18.18%
Terrified (374)
22.52%
Meh (151)
9.09%
Confused (36)
2.17%