The Student Room Group

Network rail graduate scheme

Has anyone applied for the Network Rail grad scheme. I'v applied for the project management route and have got to the numeracy test and am waiting to here outcome. Where has everyone else got to???

Scroll to see replies

Ive got an assessment day coming up, excited for it. Hopefully it will be a good day.
I too have an assessment day on Friday! I'm actually quite excited because the rail industry will be undergoing a lot of change in the next few years, so Network Rail will be the place to be in you want to be right at the heart of current affairs (along with the NHS ofc)
Mines the day after.
Original post by Alabama_Crimson
Mines the day after.

I didn't know they did Assessment Centres on weekends too....
Its for the finance scheme. Starts at 8:15 in the morning, so they have overnight accommodation.
and this has what to do with current affairs?
A lot? You tell me
Reply 8
Original post by Med_Geek
I too have an assessment day on Friday! I'm actually quite excited because the rail industry will be undergoing a lot of change in the next few years, so Network Rail will be the place to be in you want to be right at the heart of current affairs (along with the NHS ofc)

hello there, how did your assessment go ?:smile:
Anyone heard back from the assessment centre yet?
Reply 10
I attended the assessment day for the finance scheme too, still no news. You?
Nothing yet.
Reply 12
I had the AM on Saturday for finance. Nothing here yet either
Reply 13
anyone heard anything?
Reply 14
Still nothing
Reply 15
I just called them up and got an offer, so don't worry if you haven't heard yet.. it may be a good thing! On the phone I was told I would have received a call in the next couple of hours so there is still time to hear back today. Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear!
Congrats, I didn't receive an offer.
Reply 17
Quality nice one! I'm still waiting to hear- not a nice wait!
Reply 18
Hi guys after Lewis posted, I honestly couldn't wait any longer so I decided to call about 10 minutes after he posted.

When I called in, I reached a gentleman who answered the phone but didn't have the info, so after being on hold for 3 minutes, he informed me that his colleague will call back with the feedback of my assessment centre. At this point I thought I was rejected however when his colleague called me back, he offered me a place.

Honestly - I've never been this happy in my life, out of all the companies I applied for & got back to my in regards to the next stages of the application, I wanted this one the most, so it was a no brainer for me.
I'll see the rest of you in September.

If anyone has any questions, please ask away, I'll be happy to answer.
Oh - I went to the Saturday AM Finance Graduate AC - the presentation & group task was certainly tough, the interview was the most pleasing as I was really enthusiastic about expressing my desire to work for Network Rail.

Cheers,
I got an offer for Business Technology and I'm seriously chuffed! Looking forward to meeting everyone in the Summer :biggrin: Congrats to those who received offers :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest