The Student Room Group

Is the Future Genderless?

Scroll to see replies

Hopefully not in my lifetime.
Original post by hoping4Astars
Ok, this is ridiculous. There are two genders: male and female. This is how it's been for centuries. If you have penis, you're a man and if you have a vagina you're a woman. No transgender, no gender neutral or any of that stuff. Men wear trousers and women can wear skirts. No agender clothing.
We need to stop thinking that this 'modern' and 'right' and see this for what it really is: idiocy and just a stupid fad.

You are confusing gender and sex.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Absolutely Not...
Original post by DiddyDec
You are confusing gender and sex.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I believe that gender is the same as sex. I don't believe in this transgender nonsense.
God i hope not, the feminist-anti-male lobby is pretty strong in politics though.

I can only guarantee that me and my future heirs will be gendered.
Probably not entirely, but it will be seen as optional, and perhaps even an old-fashioned idea. I think more and more parents are determined to bring up their kids in as gender-neutral a manner as possible.
Probably. I usually trigger a lot of people when I say that transgender people have mental illnesses. It's just my opinion and at the end of the day I don't really care what people do with their lives, I just hate the politcal correctness that fuels these 'identity politics'.
Right folks, im off to the pub to wait for all this hippy PC crap to all blow over. Would anybody care to join me? :biggrin:
Original post by Chassey
Researchers who study gender say a growing number of people consider themselves gender neutral.
We as a society see gender as a social construct that more and more people are break down.

Facebook has 58 Gender options, Gender neutral names are a huge trend, gender neutral parenting is on the rise, there is a huge push towards gender neutral pronouns and a more gender neutral language, universities make bathrooms genderless and even fashion becomes more and more androgyny.

Selfridges had a agender clothing line Gucci's last line showed men in skirts, gender traditions are being broken down and a lot of people predict that what we see as feminine and masculine will be different in the near future.

So are we moving to a genderless society?

Original post by studentro
That's quite a lazy response. Women and men are biologically different, yes. But most of the differences in their opportunities, what is expected of them, their position in society, etc. are essentially arbitrary and have nothing to do with their biological differences.

best bit starts at 3:40 (my views)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XxcaUswOGI

This is the stupid, nonsensical, facile irrelevance we will be talking about whilst sat in out gluttonous decadence pontificating about why white liberals should call one a trans-poly cis non-genders when the Islamists come in and shoot us. It's utter madness.
(edited 8 years ago)
I believe that gender is the same as sex. I don't believe in this transgender nonsense.

Well, you're wrong.
Original post by cole-slaw
Well, you're wrong.

I believe that if you have an XY chromosome you are a man and should wear male clothes. In the Bible, it states that "male and female he created them" so God made men and women, not gender fluid or transgendered. This is just a mental illness that has become a fashion statement, in my opinion. An opinion is never wrong.
I believe that if you have an XY chromosome you are a man and should wear male clothes. In the Bible, it states that "male and female he created them" so God made men and women, not gender fluid or transgendered. This is just a mental illness that has become a fashion statement, in my opinion. An opinion is never wrong.

Quoting the bible, I'm convinced.
Quoting the bible, I'm convinced.

Ok. Let's agree to disagree. I am against the transgender and gender neutral movement and you are for it. Let's leave it at that.
Original post by Chassey
Researchers who study gender say a growing number of people consider themselves gender neutral.
We as a society see gender as a social construct that more and more people are break down.

Facebook has 58 Gender options, Gender neutral names are a huge trend, gender neutral parenting is on the rise, there is a huge push towards gender neutral pronouns and a more gender neutral language, universities make bathrooms genderless and even fashion becomes more and more androgyny.

Selfridges had a agender clothing line Gucci's last line showed men in skirts, gender traditions are being broken down and a lot of people predict that what we see as feminine and masculine will be different in the near future.

You're either a man or woman in my view. The people that have 'surgery' to change should not contact normal people
Reply 34
Original post by ViewsFromSi6
You're either a man or woman in my view. The people that have 'surgery' to change should not contact normal people

I'm not talking about Transgender People I'm talking about society as a whole, fashion, our sexuality, it seems everything becomes more and more fluid.

People distance themselves from the binary view of gender, the most used baby names this year are gender neutral, toys are gender neutral, more and more toilets are gender neutral, fashion is becoming gender neutral some guys already wear skirts, A lot people already use gender neutral pronouns, we learn that gender is just a social construct like i said before in 1700s men used to wear skirts and wigs and make up and heeled shoes, in ancient greek bisexuality was the norm.
Well, you're wrong.

go on ...explain
I don't think it'll be gender-less but I hope it will be gender inclusive :h:
Original post by trustmeimlying1
go on ...explain

gender and sex are not the same thing. A quick look in the dictionary would confirm this.

Sex: either of the two main categories (male and female) into which humans and many other living things are divided on the basis of their reproductive functions:

the state of being male or female (typically used with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones):
Original post by Chassey

no
Original post by Chassey

I think our future will be gender equal and more so gender neutral, which I see as a good thing, as society is becoming more accepting of those who don't identify as cisgender (Male or Female) , which is a reality for so many nowadays. It's like gay marriage becoming legal, and homosexuality being accepted, except for gender binaries and what is 'acceptable'. 40 years ago being transgender was perhaps almost unheard of, except for in drag shows, let alone accepted..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending