The Student Room Group

Petition launched NOT to ban Donald Trump from the UK

After petition to ban Trump from the UK passed 100,000 signatures a counter petition has been launched to allow him to come

Thoughts?

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/114907

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm signing it.

Lol at the people who think this was "hate speech"
You can't stump the Trump :sly:
Reply 3
Original post by Ace123
After petition to ban Trump from the UK passed 100,000 signatures a counter petition has been launched to allow him to come

Thoughts?

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/114907

I signed the one to ban him because Trump is vile.

He also has a REALLY stupid name to match his intelligence.

Posted from TSR Mobile
#bump4trump
Original post by S-man10
I'm signing it.

I don't even like him, I just enjoy harming the sensibilities of people who get so upset by a slightly bigoted, wealthy white guy, even though he is pretty much a harmless kook.
Original post by S-man10
I'm signing it.

People have been banned from entering the UK before, for similar reasons. Either scrap that whole thing completely, or enforce it consistently by banning Trump from the country as well.

Personally I'd ban him regardless of his comments about Muslim immigration. He's just an all round terrible human being.
Reply 7
Original post by RulesforRadicals
I don't even like him, I just enjoy harming the sensibilities of people who get so upset by a slightly bigoted, wealthy white guy, even though he is pretty much a harmless kook.

to be honest, i think he is being sensible about it. I'm inclined to a yes on the issue and I some muslims are even supporting this. Its only TSR thats put their hands up. It precisely this self entitled immigrant attitude that is causing countries to take notice
Original post by S-man10
to be honest, i think he is being sensible about it. I'm inclined to a yes on the issue and I some muslims are even supporting this. Its only TSR thats put their hands up. It precisely this self entitled immigrant attitude that is causing countries to take notice

I think it's a dick move to have a blanket ban on all Muslims coming in, the idea of discriminating based on religion is wrong.

I do however find it more entertaining to see some guy say whatever the hell he wants in contrast to bland, sanitized politicians who answer questions with predictable responses they rehearse in the mirror the night before. He's a massive ****, but he has entertainment value.
Original post by Ace123
Thoughts?

Fantastic! It's just like direct democracy only every vote is ignored.
Original post by RF_PineMarten
People have been banned from entering the UK before, for similar reasons. Either scrap that whole thing completely, or enforce it consistently by banning Trump from the country as well.

Personally I'd ban him regardless of his comments about Muslim immigration. He's just an all round terrible human being.

There reasons were not so similar. Hes not called death to thousands of muslims, he hasn't told the general public to hate them. He didn't even say band them forever.

People are actually too blind to see the sensible side of it. He said ban immigration temporarily until we can do something about this. The current muslims can stay but the new incoming muslims must wait. Their country, their rules and this is a perfectly reasonable rule imo.
I think it's a dick move to have a blanket ban on all Muslims coming in, the idea of discriminating based on religion is wrong.

Its a fair move. a temporary blanket ban, not a permanent one. He wants to solve a problem first. Many muslims are in support of jihad against the west and want sharia law. Don't think hes speaking out of his arse.
Original post by S-man10
Its a fair move. a temporary blanket ban, not a permanent one. He wants to solve a problem first. Many muslims are in support of jihad against the west and want sharia law. Don't think hes speaking out of his arse.

I'm sure there are many Muslims who oppose Islamic State who need to escape, it's a very heavy handed approach.
#HellToupee
I'm sure there are many Muslims who oppose Islamic State who need to escape, it's a very heavy handed approach.

Yet many of those people don't even have any legal documents or an identity to prove who they are.

And this is america we are talking about here, which is out of the way from people who want to escape ISIS. If muslims are so concerned about their own people maybe the middle eastern countries should open their borders.
Original post by S-man10
Yet many of those people don't even have any legal documents or an identity to prove who they are.

And this is america we are talking about here, which is out of the way from people who want to escape ISIS. If muslims are so concerned about their own people maybe the middle eastern countries should open their borders.

The Saudis are clearly unwilling to help their fellow Muslims by allowing them in, but at the same time, their hypocrisy doesn't stop the West helping where it can.

We are better than them.
Combover here and say it 2 my face :angry:
Original post by RF_PineMarten

I think its interesting that you and many others want to ban people entering a country for wanting to ban other people.

If someone poses a ligitimate danger to the public, or are part of a group we are at war with, we should ban them from entry.

Out of curiosity, do you think we should ban people who want to ban all fascists from the country?
Reply 19
I signed it, although I'm sceptical it will get anywhere near the interest or attention the other petition has.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending