The Student Room Group

Piers Morgan blows apart the ban-Trump campaign !

Piers is a twit, and so is anyone who liked his post. :lol:
(edited 8 years ago)

Of course not. Not all muslimsvare terrorists, racists!
I didn't think anyone actually took Piers Morgan seriously.
Reply 4
Original post by Mayhem™
I didn't think anyone actually took Piers Morgan seriously.

Original post by Farm_Ecology
Of course not. Not all muslimsvare terrorists, racists!

Original post by StrangeBanana
Piers is a twit, and so is anyone who liked his post. :lol:

Liberals in Full Damage Control Lol
Reply 5
I'd rather focus on deporting the genuine hate preachers that live in our country. Whilst I don't agree with what Trump said, I think Piers is right that there is a sense of irony . God help America if he becomes president.
Original post by demx9

In al seriousness though, do you actually consider that man's words as valuable?
Original post by demx9

"hurr durr Liberals"

Classic, mate.
Original post by demx9

I was making fun.
Original post by StrangeBanana
"hurr durr Liberals"

Classic, mate.
Time for a new political party name
Reply 10
[QUOTE=LadyCrystal;61178495]

It is a fact, Muslims dislike the civil law and they want it widely replaced with sharia.

Really?

"Muslims" are not one homogeneous group. Enough with the sweeping generalisations.
Original post by demx9

Liberal here

I'm a big fan of Piers Morgan and I agree entirely with the sentiments expressed in his tweet in the op.

Piers Morgan should know better.

It is already illegal for Jihadists or anyone who has joined and fought for ISIS to return to the UK - they will be met on the border and arrested, and they have been. We've seemed to have believed into this weird myth that Jihadists are simply let in to Britain freely. They aren't - if we know they are Jihadists, we arrest them at the border.

People aren't going to sign a petition for a law that is already in place.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by AlwaysWatching
Piers Morgan should know better.

It is already illegal for Jihadists or anyone who has joined and fought for ISIS to return to the UK - they will be met on the border and arrested, and they have been. We've seemed to have believed into this weird myth that Jihadists are simply let in to Britain freely. They aren't - if we know they are Jihadists, we arrest them at the border.

People aren't going to sign a petition for a law that is already in place.

There have been cases where they made it back without interception - if Piers was going to call for something intelligent, rather than making typical tabloid journalist reflex statements designed to wind people up (his hallmark and something Americans were smart enough to see through, which is why his show got ditched), it would be for more spending on Britain's borders. Despite all the hullabaloo and politicking on this subject going back years, the fact remains that year after year, governments have squeezed border forces. :sad:
Original post by Fullofsurprises
There have been cases where they made it back without interception - if Piers was going to call for something intelligent, rather than making typical tabloid journalist reflex statements designed to wind people up (his hallmark and something Americans were smart enough to see through, which is why his show got ditched), it would be for more spending on Britain's borders. Despite all the hullabaloo and politicking on this subject going back years, the fact remains that year after year, governments have squeezed border forces. :sad:

Indeed that has been, but that's because the border agency and immigration officials weren't aware they were Jihadists, not because there is no law in place to stop them entering.

I agree with you on that, the fact that the border agency has been cut is one of the reasons why Jihadist are getting in - we don't have the funds to resource (good) intelligence gathering and so the odd few manage to slip in.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest