Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

German A2 Edexcel watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else do this today?? I thought it was quite hard! The reading/translation wasn't too bad but I found the listening a bit confusing and the essay questions didnt give much scope for answering!

ReputationRep:
    almost didn't find this thread, was about to make my own. Here's what I typed, sorry it doesn't agree with you

good god! that was really easy, i was surprised at that..

did anyone else find this?

Listening - Nice text, easy questions... Fairly easy summary (except whats a 'raul'... was that it?)
    Reading - SO easy! The text was decent, and it had a nice translation which was basically the same as the text
    Writing in Registers - Not the best questions, but I still easily wrote 250 words - i chose number 7 - der Dritten Welt etc. after I'd finished, I read through the questions; the creative writing ones were so cool! I'd have liked to do one of those if we weren't told not to :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laney)
    almost didn't find this thread, was about to make my own. Here's what I typed, sorry it doesn't agree with you

good god! that was really easy, i was surprised at that..

did anyone else find this?

Listening - Nice text, easy questions... Fairly easy summary (except whats a 'raul'... was that it?)
    Reading - SO easy! The text was decent, and it had a nice translation which was basically the same as the text
    Writing in Registers - Not the best questions, but I still easily wrote 250 words - i chose number 7 - der Dritten Welt etc. after I'd finished, I read through the questions; the creative writing ones were so cool! I'd have liked to do one of those if we weren't told not to :/
    laney,it was "Ruhm",it means "fame"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RussianDude)
    laney,it was "Ruhm",it means "fame"
    gah! i just kinda ignored it, won't hurt my marks that much will it?

ReputationRep:
    of course not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laney)
    gah! i just kinda ignored it, won't hurt my marks that much will it?
    Probably a mark down the pan, but then that's only one. I ran out of time for the essay question, i did question 4 "Erleben wir eine Bildungskatastrophe" and had to finish rather abruptly - my writing also turned VERY scruffy halfway through, i hope it's still legible to the examiner.

ReputationRep:
    OH, and what did people write down for Q (d) on the listening paper, i think it went something like: 'Welche Wirkung hatte die Kusse-szenen ... something something '?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mongoose)
    OH, and what did people write down for Q (d) on the listening paper, i think it went something like: 'Welche Wirkung hatte die Kusse-szenen ... something something '?
    oh god, i didn't get that one either... or the one before it. i wrote what the interviewer said for c but i made something up like 'es war kein problem' for d..

i had the opposite problem on the essay - ran out of words instead of time! i was writing away constantly for about 30 minutes and realised that i'd completely forgotten the word count so only had about 20 words to wrap it up :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laney)
    oh god, i didn't get that one either... or the one before it. i wrote what the interviewer said for c but i made something up like 'es war kein problem'..

i had the opposite problem on the essay - ran out of words instead of time! i was writing away constantly for about 30 minutes and realised that i'd completely forgotten the word count so only had about 20 words to wrap it up :/
    Oh dear... do they penalise if one doesn't stick to the prescribed word limit, cos i did a lot of serious waffling (i think...)? I wrote on alternate lines and i took about 7 pages of the answer booklet - does that sound too much to you? ARGHHHH

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear... do they penalise if one doesn't stick to the prescribed word limit, cos i did a lot of serious waffling (i think...)? I wrote on alternate lines and i took about 7 pages of the answer booklet - does that sound too much to you? ARGHHHH
    my teacher said that they stop marking after 250 words. i have relatively small writing and wrote about 1 1/3 pages, my (one!) classmate did about 1 1/2 i think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laney)
    my teacher said that they stop marking after 250 words. i have relatively small writing and wrote about 1 1/3 pages, my (one!) classmate did about 1 1/2 i think
    Hmph. :mad: Did you write on alternate lines though? I didn't have a chance to proof read my essay, i hope i didn't make any silly errors... like it's just occured to me that 'einfallen' takes sein, and i wrote it with haben! Doh! How do you think you did? I really desperately need at least a mediocre B for this unit!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma Louise)
    I did question 6 in Writing In Registers... about the Sportstars.....

ReputationRep:
    Hmph. :mad: Did you write on alternate lines though? I didn't have a chance to proof read my essay, i hope i didn't make any silly errors... like it's just occured to me that 'einfallen' takes sein, and i wrote it with haben! Doh! How do you think you did? I really desperately need at least a mediocre B for this unit!
    i wrote on every line. i probably made some silly errors; i try and account for that when judging my performance! hopefully i got a b, which should (along with as reading retake) get me a b overall, which should get me into uni... *prays* :/

i'm quite sad that that was my last bit of german ever! might have to keep it up at uni...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laney)
    i wrote on every line. i probably made some silly errors; i try and account for that when judging my performance! hopefully i got a b, which should (along with as reading retake) get me a b overall, which should get me into uni... *prays* :/

i'm quite sad that that was my last bit of german ever! might have to keep it up at uni...
    As much as i like German, i'd give an arm and leg not to have to go through all those A-level exams again! (*fingers crossed that i don't need to resit anything*)! Like you i need a B minimum! So, here's hoping (and praying, and hoping, and praying..)!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.