The Student Room Group

Trump is LEADING Hillary Clinton in new combined polls!!

DONALD TRUMP: 45.7%
SHILLARY: 45.3%

Confidence of lead: The probability that Trump leads Clinton is 60%.

Yes, you read that right, Trump is leading Clinton.

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster/2016-general-election-trump-vs-clinton

Scroll to see replies

:facepalm:

But hey, British pollsters missed the mark in 2015 so there's still hope
I'd vote for Trump if my party's main candidate did something like this

[video="youtube;USdD5MyRTQ0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USdD5MyRTQ0[/video]
Reply 3
Original post by Johann von Gauss
Fact: Americans are racist

Of course they will flock to Trump

No, it will still be a very close election..
Reply 4
Trump has to keep dividing Americans to stay in the lead. So far, its been Mexicans, Muslims and Japanese (due to war time internment).

I think he will need to start attacking Chinese, black, Korean and Albanians next.

He have to try and stretch them out a bit in case he runs out of people to discriminate against before he wins the election.
Original post by Johann von Gauss
Fact: Americans are racist

Of course they will flock to Trump

Ah, says the main with an Islamic display in his DP.
Unsurprising that the grandiose left wing of the UK/US have decided to use the racism bandwagon to character assassinate somebody with legitimate concerns over ISIS exploiting the 'refugee' crisis.

Without assuming or creating an aura of racism they have no legitimate argument - bullying tactics or fear and intimidation.

Furthermore, I find it sickening how they have not said a word over the Paris attackers who were also 'refugees' comming through Greece. Oh well, that's there response.
Original post by demx9

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster/2016-general-election-trump-vs-clinton

They're both bloody morons and I fear what that means for the rest of the world, especially us.

Bernie Sanders is the president America needs, but not the one it deserves right now.
https://youtu.be/NdFw1btbkLM
Original post by Maker
Trump has to keep dividing Americans to stay in the lead. So far, its been Mexicans, Muslims and Japanese (due to war time internment).

I think he will need to start attacking Chinese, black, Korean and Albanians next.

He have to try and stretch them out a bit in case he runs out of people to discriminate against before he wins the election.

Multiculturalism = Division. Demographic fact.
Donald Trump is an actor. My prediction is that guy is gonna pull out
Reply 10
This obsession with polls is moronic. The first primary is not until February. The actual election not for almost a year. Putting faith in polls that far in advance is crass stupidity.
Reply 11
Original post by Catholic_
Multiculturalism = Division. Demographic fact.

America is not multicultural, its the melting pot.
Reply 12
Original post by Aj12
This obsession with polls is moronic. The first primary is not until February. The actual election not for almost a year. Putting faith in polls that far in advance is crass stupidity.

The point is everyone here was saying Trump has no chance to win, well this disproves it.. He has a chance, doesn't mean he'll win ofc
Reply 13
Original post by demx9
The point is everyone here was saying Trump has no chance to win, well this disproves it.. He has a chance, doesn't mean he'll win ofc

Really? Does it at all?

Last election Romney was seen as a joke, there was no way this flip flopping mormon could ever be picked as the party's nominee. No that would go to Newt, then Rick Perry, then Herman Cain and finally Ron Paul, who was only held back thanks to a MSM conspiracy. Each one of them in turn was going to win, each was brought down by some scandal or another or just never maintained any sort of voting momentum. The Republicans got their heads out the ground and realized they needed someone who could at least pretend to be a normal American, finally settling on the closest thing to that in Romney. History is merely repeating itself with a louder bang.

It is contentious whether Trump will even be running as Republican. Part of me thinks he will be in the general, but as an Independent. Trump has no chance to win the primaries and no hope in hell of coming close to winning the actual election. One dubious poll three months before any one gets near a ballot paper is not going to change that.
Reply 14
Original post by Aj12
It is contentious whether Trump will even be running as Republican. Part of me thinks he will be in the general, but as an Independent. Trump has no chance to win the primaries and no hope in hell of coming close to winning the actual election. One dubious poll three months before any one gets near a ballot paper is not going to change that.

It's not one dubious poll, it's an aggregate of polls by the huffington post, not exactly a right wing paper..

How can he not win the Republican primaries ? He's at 41% and climbing
Original post by demx9

Trump has been ahead of Clinton on numerous occassions over the last few months. Clinton has been ahead of Trump for the bulk of it.

Even Bernie Sanders has been ahead of Trump, which is quite amazing.
Original post by demx9

I observe a very unique political situation - no right or left wings already make difference, people talk all about Islam (pro0Islamic or anti-Islamic mostly) and look for a way to deal with the problem.

Not all the political energy is structured in formal parties and certain people will express their votes in a none-traditional way, I am sure.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by demx9
It's not one dubious poll, it's an aggregate of polls by the huffington post, not exactly a right wing paper..

How can he not win the Republican primaries ? He's at 41% and climbing

We're three months away from the first vote. Given his tendency to stumble from one scandal to another, eventually one will bring him down. Failing that I highly doubt many of those who are saying they will vote for him now will when they finally have the chance to put an X in a box.

Finally whilst less extreme the previous primaries regularly saw opinion polls swinging behind one candidate or another. Mike Hukabee, a candidate who never actually ran in the vote was leading on 25-30% a year before the primaries. We just need to look at the massive failing in polling in the recent general election in the UK to see how unreliable polls are. If Trump pulls in these numbers in February I'll reconsider my opinion. But I refuse to believe the majority of Republican voters are stupid enough to vote for a man who will run on a platform that involves banning Muslims from the country and building a wall to stop those evil Rapist Mexicans getting in.
Original post by Aj12
We're three months away from the first vote. Given his tendency to stumble from one scandal to another, eventually one will bring him down. Failing that I highly doubt many of those who are saying they will vote for him now will when they finally have the chance to put an X in a box.

Finally whilst less extreme the previous primaries regularly saw opinion polls swinging behind one candidate or another. Mike Hukabee, a candidate who never actually ran in the vote was leading on 25-30% a year before the primaries. We just need to look at the massive failing in polling in the recent general election in the UK to see how unreliable polls are. If Trump pulls in these numbers in February I'll reconsider my opinion. But I refuse to believe the majority of Republican voters are stupid enough to vote for a man who will run on a platform that involves banning Muslims from the country and building a wall to stop those evil Rapist Mexicans getting in.

So you just don't know Americans if you believe that.
Original post by Catholic_
Unsurprising that the grandiose left wing of the UK/US have decided to use the racism bandwagon to character assassinate somebody with legitimate concerns over ISIS exploiting the 'refugee' crisis.

Without assuming or creating an aura of racism they have no legitimate argument - bullying tactics or fear and intimidation.

Furthermore, I find it sickening how they have not said a word over the Paris attackers who were also 'refugees' comming through Greece. Oh well, that's there response.

They don't need to create an aura of racism. It already exists.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending