Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My family are great but we never really go anywhere. Most families I know are always going to wonderful countries for the summer. But this summer I doubt I'll get more than a day trip to the countryside.

Is anyone in my position and wished they were going somewhere this summer but are going to be stuck at home reading instead?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adhsur)
    My family are great but we never really go anywhere. Most families I know are always going to wonderful countries for the summer. But this summer I doubt I'll get more than a day trip to the countryside.

Is anyone in my position and wished they were going somewhere this summer but are going to be stuck at home reading instead?
    Yup

ReputationRep:

my father and stepmother always spend shameful amounts of money on lavish and exotic holidays...the problem is, they don't take us kiddies with them it's so mean.

ReputationRep:
    I always encourage my parents to go on hols without me, because its more of a hol to spend alot of time with them out of the way for once!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grace)
    my father and stepmother always spend shameful amounts of money on lavish and exotic holidays...the problem is, they don't take us kiddies with them it's so mean.
    Hehehe, my parents don't even go on their own! Anywhere they go they take us. Too bad they don't go many places though.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer

Yup - my plans this summer include glastonbury (which doesn't count because I'm going on my own), a possible weekend in Newquay (which will probably be hell because we're planning on going with a gang of mates who're bound to start arguing) and a week enjoying the delights of derby while hubby goes hanggliding. - not exactly jet setting around the world on proper hols...oh and I'm planning to pop up and see my sister and god daughter and my parents are hoping to popo down for a long weekend (if not I'll try to arrange to meet my mum at my sisters for a day or so or we'll have to wait until the christening in september)

Actually I'm really looking forward to the week in derby - it'll be nice to have nothing that I HAVE to do other than wander around sightseeing and reading (and I want to do a spot of walking as well) - don't get nearly enough solitude so the idea of a week to my own devices is very appealing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    I always encourage my parents to go on hols without me, because its more of a hol to spend alot of time with them out of the way for once!
    my parents are ALWAYS away, they work far too much and are constantly jet setting around the world to who-knows-where...it would be nice to spend some time with them! When they do take us on holiday, it's always to quiet, country-ish places so they can relax...but i want somewhere exciting and exotic! aw well. could be worse.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not getting any summer holiday this year. First year with a real full time job - it's such a huge shock having no 6wk (well about 12wks for the past 3 years at uni!) break. I really miss it already.

ReputationRep:
    My family never goes on holiday, so I go with friend instead. A bit draining on the old bank account though. I worked all Christmas to pay fo last years and a ski trip to France, and now I need a new job to cover this summers holiday. It's all worth it though, take my word for it.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not going anywhere until September I dont think, nothing to do all summer so I'll have to get a job to earn some money otherwise I'm going to be sooo bored, and I need money to afford to go out!

ReputationRep:

Yes

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to California for 2 weeks in the summer and probably spending a weekend in Wales for our doggy holiday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kieshaxxx)
    I'm going to California for 2 weeks in the summer and probably spending a weekend in Wales for our doggy holiday!
    Its alright for some, a weekend is wales is all some of us ever have. Although I am going to spain this year, one of the places we are going to is Lloret Del Mar and my mate hates scallies, that will be fun (not). Barcelona should be good though.

ReputationRep:
    wel im going to Magaluf with 3 of my best girlie mates which altho the weather will b great i am sure will be disastrous. I mean its magaluf!
    we r such sophisticated young ladies!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icklehc)
    wel im going to Magaluf with 3 of my best girlie mates which altho the weather will b great i am sure will be disastrous. I mean its magaluf!
    we r such sophisticated young ladies!
    Don't worry, I am sure after a few pints dropping a few T's is not the only thing you will drop

But seriously if you don't want to get involved in all the stupid drinking games and shag a minger compititons you don't have to. You can just spend all day on the beach taking the mick out of larger louts while dropping you're T's init.

ReputationRep:
    Going on a music tour to Amsterdam. That's it.

ReputationRep:
    6 of us Lads are going to Zante in August, should be quality.

i'm going on holiday with my family before that to Cyprus as well so i should get a nice tan before the lads holiday :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Don't worry, I am sure after a few pints dropping a few T's is not the only thing you will drop

But seriously if you don't want to get involved in all the stupid drinking games and shag a minger compititons you don't have to. You can just spend all day on the beach taking the mick out of larger louts while dropping you're T's init.

lol shag a minger
    wel none of us are single so we will try our hardest to avoid all that.
    just going to get a tan really.
    eugh im just thinking of how many dirty ****s and lager louts are going to be there...help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serious narb)
    6 of us Lads are going to Zante in August, should be quality.

i'm going on holiday with my family before that to Cyprus as well so i should get a nice tan before the lads holiday :cool:

i know loadsa guys going there. was my first choice but somehow got persuaded to go 2 magaluf! ahhhh

ReputationRep:
    i'm going to our boat in Palma for a few weeks and to America for a few

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 17, 2004

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.