The Student Room Group

Guys, what makes you do this?

This guy I only know of but don't really talk to. Yes, i do like him. He is so confusing, I can't seem to figurr out whether he likes me or not.

He asked my name, always looks at me and smiles, kind of gets shy, also I saw him a group of his friends and he was talking as soon as I came, he stopped talking. His friends started calling his name. He never talks to me when others are around, sometimes we don't even say hi. I went on a holiday and saw him after 2 weeks and he saw me and said hi (he was with his friend) and he had a big smile on his face. No, not the usual one. His eyes brightened up. When I'm alone, he ALWAYS initiates a convo and tries to drag it. Sometimes, he acts like he doesn't even care.

I'm super confused. Guys, help.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Help guys!
Reply 2
Bump.
Original post by Anonymous
This guy I only know of but don't really talk to. Yes, i do like him. He is so confusing, I can't seem to figurr out whether he likes me or not.

He asked my name, always looks at me and smiles, kind of gets shy, also I saw him a group of his friends and he was talking as soon as I came, he stopped talking. His friends started calling his name. He never talks to me when others are around, sometimes we don't even say hi. I went on a holiday and saw him after 2 weeks and he saw me and said hi (he was with his friend) and he had a big smile on his face. No, not the usual one. His eyes brightened up. When I'm alone, he ALWAYS initiates a convo and tries to drag it. Sometimes, he acts like he doesn't even care.

I'm super confused. Guys, help.

Have you got his number? If you don't, ask for it and see what happens. Or maybe add him on Facebook.

He is a bit of a mystery.
Reply 4
Can someone pls answer my question? I really like him but he's confusing me so I can't really ask him anything.
Reply 5
Original post by SeanFM
Have you got his number? If you don't, ask for it and see what happens. Or maybe add him on Facebook.

He is a bit of a mystery.

No I don't have his number. And I'm not going to ask him because I'm not really friends with him. Also, I've no idea about what he thinks of me so I fear rejection. I can add him on facebook though. However, I don't want him to know that I like him.

Anyway, why do some guys or rather this guys is behaving like this?
No I don't have his number. And I'm not going to ask him because I'm not really friends with him. Also, I've no idea about what he thinks of me so I fear rejection. I can add him on facebook though. However, I don't want him to know that I like him.

Anyway, why do some guys or rather this guys is behaving like this?

Maybe he is just as confused as you feel, or he wants to get your attention and doesn't know how.

Just get talking to him really, find out more about him.
Seriously, OP, he's showing interest in you and you don't want him to know that you like him?? How old are you?! 12?!

Chances are, he's trying to figure out if you like him and worrying about rejection just as much as you are. Ask him for his number, ask him if he'd like to hang out sometime, just do something rather than sitting around worrying about it!

The worst that can happen is he says "thanks but no thanks" and you move on with your life knowing that you took the initiative rather than sitting around like a passive damsel in distress.

Talk to him!!!
Reply 8
Original post by SeanFM
Maybe he is just as confused as you feel, or he wants to get your attention and doesn't know how.

Just get talking to him really, find out more about him.

For example, i saw him today and he only said hi. The thing is I get so shy in front of him. Its so frustrating. So I try not ti talk much in the fear of saying something stupid. This is killing me because I really want to talk to him. I knkw at first he used to start a convo and always tried to hold it ..I was just being shy. I used to reply but just nit as much as I should have. Now we don't really get to see eachother that often and even if we do ...its very brief so we end up saying usual hi. I HATE IT!!!
Reply 9
Original post by Plumstone
Seriously, OP, he's showing interest in you and you don't want him to know that you like him?? How old are you?! 12?!

Chances are, he's trying to figure out if you like him and worrying about rejection just as much as you are. Ask him for his number, ask him if he'd like to hang out sometime, just do something rather than sitting around worrying about it!

The worst that can happen is he says "thanks but no thanks" and you move on with your life knowing that you took the initiative rather than sitting around like a passive damsel in distress.

Talk to him!!!

Really? Do you think he's interested? Omg that would so COOL.

Well, I don't mind even telling him that I'm head over heel for him if I know he likes me too. :frown:
For example, i saw him today and he only said hi. The thing is I get so shy in front of him. Its so frustrating. So I try not ti talk much in the fear of saying something stupid. This is killing me because I really want to talk to him. I knkw at first he used to start a convo and always tried to hold it ..I was just being shy. I used to reply but just nit as much as I should have. Now we don't really get to see eachother that often and even if we do ...its very brief so we end up saying usual hi. I HATE IT!!!

Maybe you are giving out strange signals that confuses him. :tongue:

It can be nerve wracking to talk to your crush, but yeah.. just try.
Original post by SeanFM
Maybe you are giving out strange signals that confuses him. :tongue:

It can be nerve wracking to talk to your crush, but yeah.. just try.

Haha I think I may have. I do say hi to him..just not when i'm with my best friend because she knows. I also try to talk to him when he's alone. Actually we both do the same stuff. We are so weird.
Really? Do you think he's interested? Omg that would so COOL.

Well, I don't mind even telling him that I'm head over heel for him if I know he likes me too. :frown:

Well, the fact that he's shown an interest in you (asking your name, smiling at you, etc) suggests that he's noticed you for a reason. And I would guess the reason he goes quiet when he's with his mates and you're there is probably because he doesn't want to make a fool of himself in front of you or his friends.

You don't have to declare your undying love for him, just play it cool - write your number of a bit of paper, give it to him and say "Call me if you want to meet up sometime". That makes it clear that you're interested in getting to know him better, but means that he doesn't feel put on the spot.

How long have you known him? How did you meet? And how old are you both?
Either he has a gf or is shy because he likes you
Original post by Plumstone
Well, the fact that he's shown an interest in you (asking your name, smiling at you, etc) suggests that he's noticed you for a reason. And I would guess the reason he goes quiet when he's with his mates and you're there is probably because he doesn't want to make a fool of himself in front of you or his friends.

You don't have to declare your undying love for him, just play it cool - write your number of a bit of paper, give it to him and say "Call me if you want to meet up sometime". That makes it clear that you're interested in getting to know him better, but means that he doesn't feel put on the spot.

How long have you known him? How did you meet? And how old are you both?

Omg he asked me my name ..so he was going im his room but saw me so came out and asked me my name. Do you think he was being polite or liked me?

sometimes I feel like he likes me and sometimes i'm like he doesn't even know me. i don't know.

he's 21 and i'm 20. He's my flatmate.

I saw him in the flat first time and instantly liked him. He said hi to me firt for a few days after which he asked me my name. He smiled and even leaned in.
Original post by Holydude
Either he has a gf or is shy because he likes you

Why would he act like this if he has a gf? Hate when guys with gf confuses you!
FFS what is this dodgy advice lol.

He obviosuly likes you but he gets embarrassed inform of his friends. They'll probably start making inappropriate jokes about you and he doesn't want that to happen in case that pushes you away from him. His group of friends may just start harassing you with questions about what you want to do with him etc. His friends are probably very immature.

When you're alone ask for his number/facebook and start talking to him lol
My group of friends are like that at school, if we know that someone is going out with a girl, they'll just go to that girl and shout his name at her and start saying things like "Are you f***ing yet?" and stuff like taht :colonhash:

Obv I don't take part in that, that's not right. But that's probably how the guy's friends are like. And he doesn't want that to happen to you.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Starvation13
FFS what is this dodgy advice lol.

He obviosuly likes you but he gets embarrassed inform of his friends. They'll probably start making inappropriate jokes about you and he doesn't want that to happen in case that pushes you away from him. His group of friends may just start harassing you with questions about what you want to do with him etc. His friends are probably very immature.

When you're alone ask for his number/facebook and start talking to him lol

Lol ngl that first line made me laugh. :biggrin:

Omg do you really think he likes me? Omg i can't believe. He's soooo handsome.

And yes I must say his friends are very immature. In fact, I'm shocked they are his friends he's quite mature himself. But the thing is that I get so nervous around him. My mind goes proper blank. What should I talk to him about? :frown:
Is this the same guy from before by any chance? Just talk to him a bit more and spend some more time together. He definately likes you, that's for sure, but as said by the other user who has just said, he may be embaressed to admit it in front of his friends. Just spend more time together and he'll begin to talk to you more. I hope that you'll finally get with him as he sounds like the one for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply