Guys, would you be ok with adoption or would you insist on a biological child?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Question for guys. If your gf or wife wanted a child but didnt want to go through pregnancy so she wanted to adopt instead, would this be ok with you I mean would you want this as well? Or would you only want a biological child?
PrincessZara
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
#AdoptedCrew.

Well personally I have no clue, Bump. Want to see other replies
Mayhem™
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Personally, I'd prefer to have my own children because I'd like to go through the process of raising them and watch them explore the world from birth(I know there are babies up for adoption, but this is rare.)

However, if it ever came to me that one of the only ways to have a child is to adopt it, I'd be completely fine with it and treat the child like it were my own blood(after all, they do become family!).
username1854431
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm totally open to it.

But I'm pretty sure in Islam it's haram for the child to think that you are his/her real parents. The child should always know the truth
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Mayhem™)
Personally, I'd prefer to have my own children because I'd like to go through the process of raising them and watch them explore the world from birth(I know there are babies up for adoption, but this is rare.)

However, if it ever came to me that one of the only ways to have a child is to adopt it, I'd be completely fine with it and treat the child like it were my own blood(after all, they do become family!).
I would really like to raise a child from birth too lol but im willing to sacrifice this phase to avoid the pain and hassle of pregnancy.
eoe
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I am totally open to anything
Have you not seen Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham?
Jaya Bachan loves Shah Rukh Khan so much despite him being adopted.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Starvation13)
I'm totally open to it.

But I'm pretty sure in Islam it's haram for the child to think that you are his/her real parents. The child should always know the truth
Yea of course
Betelgeuse-
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Biological only. Im a real mans man. Deeply ingrained to spread my seed far and wide. Like the head of a pride i would eat another mans cubs.

Ladies will produce me an heir of pure Betelgeuse blood
username1854431
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by eoe)
x
What's your opinion on Bajrangi Bhaijaan? I don't usually watch Indian films but I heard that one is quite good.
eoe
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Starvation13)
What's your opinion on Bajrangi Bhaijaan? I don't usually watch Indian films but I heard that one is quite good.
I have not actually seen it
username1854431
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by eoe)
I have not actually seen it
Ah I see
hoping4Astars
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'd prefer to have my own children but won't mind adopting one as well, although I would tell them from the start that they are adopted.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Betelgeuse-)
Biological only. Im a real mans man. Deeply ingrained to spread my seed far and wide. Like the head of a pride i would eat another mans cubs.

Ladies will produce me an heir of pure Betelgeuse blood
Donate your sperm then that will spread it far and wide, apparantly the alpha men and women dont bother with nuture/babies at all they go for careers status and power over others.
0range
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm actually for adoption, so win win.
Banana00
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If I could were not able to have children, I would far rather adopt a baby than go through the pain and upset of fertility treatments that would result in wasted embryos anyway.

For me, a biological child is preferable but if this were not possible then I'd want to adopt a child from birth. I also would not want to go through fertility treatments because there are so many children in the world who are in need of loving homes that if I could not have my own biological child then it would be far better to adopt one who might otherwise have been miserable.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 0range)
I'm actually for adoption, so win win.
Really why so
username1560589
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No, neither.
tylerdaniel
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'd be totally up for adoption. A biological child would be preferable purely because you'd get to witness the birth and be there throughout pregnancy whereas with adoption this is generally not the case. Personally I want to foster kids when I'm older so I'll probably end up adopting anyway
Betelgeuse-
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Donate your sperm then that will spread it far and wide, apparantly the alpha men and women dont bother with nuture/babies at all they go for careers status and power over others.
Cant do that Il end up with angry spawn in 18 years time and probably sued for emotional damage
Illiberal Liberal
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Strong preference for my own biological children.

But if neither I or my partner could do so then I would be open to the best alternatives, including adoption.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (52)
60.47%
No (34)
39.53%

Watched Threads