KerriganIsCute
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello everyone! Just to let you know i'm new here so if my replies are slow that is why, I was just curious, for someone who can be quite nervous around new people, would you recommend university? I really want to go but I'm not sure if it would be worth the money, thanks everyone!
SophieSmall
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by KerriganIsCute)
Hello everyone! Just to let you know i'm new here so if my replies are slow that is why, I was just curious, for someone who can be quite nervous around new people, would you recommend university? I really want to go but I'm not sure if it would be worth the money, thanks everyone!
I suffered very badly from social anxiety when I started university, and I've loved it for the most part.

It really depends on what you make of it, and whether you are willing to put in the effort to overcome your nerves.
KerriganIsCute
Rep:
?
(Original post by SophieSmall)
I suffered very badly from social anxiety when I started university, and I've loved it for the most part.

It really depends on what you make of it, and whether you are willing to put in the effort to overcome your nerves.
I'll definitely try my best, I just don't know how good that 'best' is yet! Thanks for the help!
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If meeting new people makes you so nervous that you want to go and hide away then halls isn't the best environment to stay in. That doesn't mean to say that university would be a waste of money- you can still make the most of the academic side, but it does help if you can overcome any nerves when meeting people as SophieSmall has said.
cole-slaw
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you're willing to challenge yourself, overcome your fears, put yourself out there and make an effort with other people, the hell yes its worth the money.

Ask yourself: if you're not willing to do this at uni, then when will you be? At some point, you're going to need to grow up and step out of your comfort zone. You might find its not so bad. There is no better opportunity to do this than at university.
KerriganIsCute
Rep:
?
Definitely, I know I need to grow up a little bit and stop being so self conscious and have such a bad opinion of myself, I'll give it my all at uni, thanks man.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (165)
14.55%
I'm not sure (52)
4.59%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (335)
29.54%
I have already dropped out (34)
3%
I'm not a current university student (548)
48.32%

Watched Threads