Turn on thread page Beta

Ghosts! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    has anyone ever seen one?! share ure stories.

ive never seen one and dont want to either dont really believe in them. but recently when im on my own in my house i keep thikning i see somethin move in the corner of my eye! not as in objects moving but as if u see someones shadow go past in the corner u sense it move! im frightened its something wierd....or is it me being paranoid and imagining things?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bean4ian)
    has anyone ever seen one?! share ure stories.

ive never seen one and dont want to either dont really believe in them. but recently when im on my own in my house i keep thikning i see somethin move in the corner of my eye! not as in objects moving but as if u see someones shadow go past in the corner u sense it move! im frightened its something wierd....or is it me being paranoid and imagining things?!
    gee thats scary!!
    yes ur just imagining things!!!
    if you want something to be there or if u imagine something is there it is
    i got that once and it freaks me out! the light flashes or **** like that.... :eek:

ReputationRep:
    think i saw one.... i watched that derren brown - seance...and during it cos me and my brother done it we saw a figure moving through our living room and that was kinda scary...really freaked us out but it was interesting!!

I don't believe in ghosts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littleredfrog)
    think i saw one.... i watched that derren brown - seance...and during it cos me and my brother done it we saw a figure moving through our living room and that was kinda scary...really freaked us out but it was interesting!!
    how can it be interesting! no way!!

ReputationRep:
    i'm a mentalist - i believe in the theory that physical and psychological phenomena are ultimately explicable only in terms of a creative and interpretative mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John Paul Jones)
    i'm a mentalist - i believe in the theory that physical and psychological phenomena are ultimately explicable only in terms of a creative and interpretative mind.

in english?

basically u believe its in ure imagination? surely more people must calim to have seen one?

that derren brown thing was scary i turned it off!!

He did say it in english, he just likes to filter out stupid responses by making stupid people not understand i think, which doesn't include you bean4ian because you did understand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    He did say it in english, he just likes to filter out stupid responses by making stupid people not understand i think, which doesn't include you bean4ian because you did understand.

oh right i thought so....some people just find it necessary to spout that **** in oder to look intelligent and make others look less so! ah well, at least he didnt get me!

ReputationRep:
    oh right i thought so....some people just find it necessary to spout that **** in oder to look intelligent and make others look less so! ah well, at least he didnt get me!

spout ****?? what? am i in the wrong for being able to express myself articulately or are you in the wrong for not being able to understand what I said?

i believe ghosts are the results of a creative or suggestive mind in various circumstances

ReputationRep:
    or maybe thats just the way he is
    i for one! (Said in a posh accent) and not posh at all and dont speak in complicated english coz i dont see the need to!

JPJ i don't think he was actually referring to you in this circumstance.

I think ghosts are the result of wishful thinking and/or LSD.

ReputationRep:
    unfortunately havent seen one and so i refuse to believe in them.
    i think people who claim theyve seen one simply wanted to see it and therefore did. if u see wot i mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kriztinae)
    or maybe thats just the way he is
    i for one! (Said in a posh accent) and not posh at all and dont speak in complicated english coz i dont see the need to!

riiiiiiiiight, great.

so ghosts anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icklehc)
    i think people who claim theyve seen one simply wanted to see it and therefore did. if u see wot i mean?
    well if they do exist im glad i havent seen one!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    JPJ i don't think he was actually referring to you in this circumstance.

I think ghosts are the result of wishful thinking and/or LSD.

perhaps you're right tis_me_lord, but this person does seem rather rude, i didn't use any difficult words,

yes that's what mentalism is about - suggestive minds and wishful thinking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icklehc)
    i think ur probably right...altough u do meet the odd person who is adament they saw and old person that was a ghost...take one of my mates for example, she calims to have seen an old woman sitting next to her in this old barn when on holiday. now u might say its a lie, but what do u say when her whole family backs her up?...... that it really was just an old lady? not a ghost. but how do u answer why when she started to walk her body just faded away.....(and no i dont mean yes faded away in the distance for the clever dicks) i mean actually dissappeared before their very eyes??!!

perhaps you're right tis_me_lord, but this person does seem rather rude, i didn't use any difficult words.
    My name's Ben.

ReputationRep:
    yeh my mum says she saw my nan wen she passed away at the end of her bed in the middle of the night. im sceptic but i think its nice that she feels she saw my nan after shed died so i didnt want to spoil it for her. But personally i refuse to believe in them until i see one.

ReputationRep:
    spout ****?? what? am i in the wrong for being able to express myself articulately or are you in the wrong for not being able to understand what I said?

no ur arent in the wrong....and neither am i, i did understand what u said!!
    i just said 'spout ****' as a way of expressing myself not in an offensive way....chill out.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 21, 2004
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.