The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

My mum says she has seen all kinds of things, i also know that she lies about everything, that makes some evidence to the non-existance of ghosts.
tis_me_lord
My name's Ben.

hello - I'm Sami,

and bean4ian, I am chilled out - and don't use deviationist humbleness, you did accuse me of spouting shit - it was a reply to what i said, perhaps i should speak in a more monosyllabic manner to please you
Reply 22
tis_me_lord
My mum says she has seen all kinds of things, i also know that she lies about everything, that makes some evidence to the non-existance of ghosts.

haha!

well as one person said if they see a dead person who passed away, say a parent then let them believe it. they may think they saw it becasue they wanted to and it was actually their imagination. but theres no point spoiling it for them, let them believe it.
Reply 23
John Paul Jones
hello - I'm Sami,

and bean4ian, I am chilled out - and don't use deviationist humbleness, you did accuse me of spouting shit - it was a reply to what i said, perhaps i should speak in a more monosyllabic manner to please you

yeh maybe u should. or just shut up completely?
my driving instructor said that something weird happenned to his son, when one of his best friends died, at the exact time - the son's bedroom door bent and seemed quite elastic and that he saw his friend in him room, but then he walked in and he wasn't there - and a few hours later he learnt his friend died,

but i don't believe it
bean4ian

no - because i contribute more to the forum than you , i don't go around calling people 'clever dicks' and saying people 'spout shit',

perhaps you should find a dictionary and become interested in lexicography, or - you could just shut up :biggrin:
bean4ian

hey dont be mean!!! you guys (in general meaning everyone) need to stop argueing!!!
John Paul Jones
my driving instructor said that something weird happenned to his son, when one of his best friends died, at the exact time - the son's bedroom door bent and seemed quite elastic and that he saw his friend in him room, but then he walked in and he wasn't there - and a few hours later he learnt his friend died,

but i don't believe it

I would be scared to see my driving instuctor drugged up.
John Paul Jones
no - because i contribute more to the forum than you , i don't go around calling people 'clever dicks' and saying people 'spout shit',

perhaps you should find a dictionary and become interested in lexicography, or - you could just shut up :biggrin:

that includes you JPJ!! dont think you can get away with it!!!
My Nan said she saw a ghost when she was younger

apparently it was someone who used to live in the house and she actualy was really friendly :cool:
Reply 30
bean4ian
i think ur probably right...altough u do meet the odd person who is adament they saw and old person that was a ghost...take one of my mates for example, she calims to have seen an old woman sitting next to her in this old barn when on holiday. now u might say its a lie, but what do u say when her whole family backs her up?...... that it really was just an old lady? not a ghost. but how do u answer why when she started to walk her body just faded away.....(and no i dont mean yes faded away in the distance for the clever dicks) i mean actually dissappeared before their very eyes??!!

A 'good ' ghost story is no better evidence that they exist than a bad one...they're both stories.
Reply 31
John Paul Jones

nah, i'll be alright thanks. u need to lighten up a bit mate, this isnt a popularity competition, so what if u contribute more to this forum?! bothered.
bean4ian
nah, i'll be alright thanks. u need to lighten up a bit mate, this isnt a popularity competition, so what if u contribute more to this forum?! bothered.

hey! i don't want to be your enemy or be nasty to you :smile: :biggrin: :biggrin:

but what you said was slightly offensive when i was only telling people what i believe in
Reply 33
serious narb
My Nan said she saw a ghost when she was younger

apparently it was someone who used to live in the house and she actualy was really friendly :cool:

do u think that people who say, 'when i was younger i saw one' could just have convinced themselves they had, i mean children have over-active imaginations as it is. not to say ure nan is lying. i just mean people in general!
Reply 34
John Paul Jones
hey! i don't want to be your enemy or be nasty to you :smile: :biggrin: :biggrin:

but what you said was slightly offensive when i was only telling people what i believe in

fair dos.....apologies then. my bad. lets forget it. i wasnt taking the piss in ure beliefs i just have a rather harsh and abrupt way of speaking that admittedly isnt great as is easily taken the wrong way unless u know me. just to straighten that one out.
I beleve in ghosts, but Ive never seen one.

But my mum told me once, that when she was 7 months pregnant with my brother, she saw a light under her bed at night and this light shrunk and went near her and then disappeared. Freaky! Might not have been a ghost, maybe an angel, or maybe she was hallucinating. :biggrin:
bean4ian
do u think that people who say, 'when i was younger i saw one' could just have convinced themselves they had, i mean children have over-active imaginations as it is. not to say ure nan is lying. i just mean people in general!

when i say 'younger' i mean when she was about 40 :biggrin:

i can't ask her now cos she died a few years ago....
bean4ian
fair dos.....apologies then. my bad. lets forget it. i wasnt taking the piss in ure beliefs i just have a rather harsh and abrupt way of speaking that admittedly isnt great as is easily taken the wrong way unless u know me. just to straighten that one out.

aww isnt that sweet!
a happy family ! :tongue:
Reply 38
serious narb
when i say 'younger' i mean when she was about 40 :biggrin:

i can't ask her now cos she died a few years ago....

oh i see. sorry about that.

but what do u think to children saying they've seen a ghost. my brother once said he thought he saw one when he was a child on the landing of our old house. then years later when he grew up he said 'ah i probably didn't see one at all!'
kriztinae
aww isnt that sweet!
a happy family ! :tongue:

heehe she's a sweetie :biggrin: glad we didn't come to fight about it :smile:

but something did hit me on the head with my pillow a few years ago when i was in my bedroom - and no-one else was in the house, and the video came out of my video player at the exact same time - that made me feel a bit weird

Latest

Trending

Trending