Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bean4ian)
    oh i see. sorry about that.

but what do u think to children saying they've seen a ghost. my brother once said he thought he saw one when he was a child on the landing of our old house. then years later when he grew up he said 'ah i probably didn't see one at all!'
    yeah i suppose it is possible that he did see a ghost, but yeah it is true children tend to have an active imagination and may have seen something totally different.

i definitley believe in ghosts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John Paul Jones)
    heehe she's a sweetie glad we didn't come to fight about it

but something did hit me on the head with my pillow a few years ago when i was in my bedroom - and no-one else was in the house, and the video came out of my video player at the exact same time - that made me feel a bit weird

on this occasion, so am i!

now that is strange how can that be down to your imagination?! was it a sibling playing a trick on u?

ReputationRep:
    on this occasion, so am i!

now that is strange how can that be down to your imagination?! was it a sibling playing a trick on u?

heheheheheh....well, i was opening my wardrobe - but it was during a time i believed in ghosts, and it may have just fell out, but what was a pillow doing in my wardrobe lol

but i don't know - perhaps it was just in there, but it shook me up quite bad, as my house is one of those big and scary Victorian/Edwardian 1901 period ones lol

ReputationRep:
    heheheheheh....well, i was opening my wardrobe - but it was during a time i believed in ghosts, and it may have just fell out, but what was a pillow doing in my wardrobe lol

but i don't know - perhaps it was just in there, but it shook me up quite bad, as my house is one of those big and scary Victorian/Edwardian 1901 period ones lol

ooooh that would be really scary. i would convince myself just cos its old that it was haunted when it probaly isnt.

to be honest im more scared of burgulars than ghosts! when im on my own in the house at night say i dont think of ghost. i get frightened of someone breaking in and attacking me!

ReputationRep:
    Just for the fun of it, I'll display some photographs allegidly 'capturing ghosts'.

What do you think?.......................... ...this one's not for the faint-hearted
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C4>O7)
    Just for the fun of it, I'll display some photographs allegidly 'capturing ghosts'.

What do you think?.......................... ...this one's not for the faint-hearted

hahahahahahah, alack - the wonders of photoshop lol

i personally don't think they're real - iv'e seen that staircase one before lol do you think they're real?? that one with the face is a p*ss-take lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C4>O7)

oh they were horrible even though blatently not real still gives u the willies....where u find them? maybe ghosts are like vampires whos reflections cant be seen...therefore ghosts wouldnt come out on a photo?! if u see what i mean.

ReputationRep:
    has anyone ever seen one?! share ure stories.

ive never seen one and dont want to either dont really believe in them. but recently when im on my own in my house i keep thikning i see somethin move in the corner of my eye! not as in objects moving but as if u see someones shadow go past in the corner u sense it move! im frightened its something wierd....or is it me being paranoid and imagining things?!

Ya there gonna come out and eat you!

ReputationRep:
    hahahahahahah, alack - the wonders of photoshop lol

i personally don't think they're real - iv'e seen that staircase one before lol do you think they're real?? that one with the face is a p*ss-take lol
    No I'm pretty cocvinced they're not real (except I havnt made my mind up yet about the 4th one !)

oh they were horrible even though blatently not real still gives u the willies....where u find them? maybe ghosts are like vampires whos reflections cant be seen...therefore ghosts wouldnt come out on a photo?! if u see what i mean.
    Yer they are kinda disturbing (especially the rightmost ofcourse).

If you look on google you'll find tons similar- must be pretty easy to do.

I see what your sayin. I dunno though- people like to believe stuff like that without really thinking about it. Why would that be the case? If they are real I think we'd either be able able to see them or not. I can't think how anything would change if the image is reflected.

...Who knows?

C4

Is ghosts are real they must be pretty boring and content with not affecting humans lives otherwise we'd know that they exist for sure.

p.s. That fourth picture has terrified me, i'll have nightmares now!

ReputationRep:
    Well I dont care what some people may or may not say but I did not believe until it happened to me.

When I was twelve years old, a very good friend of our family died, leaving a young wife and two children under the age of three. Last year around November, I got a call from his wife and something immediatly told me that she was going to tell me she was getting married again. It turns out that when I handed the phone ot my mother two minutes later my mother was saying "oh, thats great.." and I had been right. She also told my mother she was moving to another house.

It wasnt until the middle of December things strated to get weird. I began to hear things moving through the house, I thought it was strange then I was just like "oh im being stupid'. The one night I heard something moving and then my cat hiss and miao and run out of the rumpus room. I went and checked it and nothing was there. Then I begant to think that I saw things, people moving through the house, and I did, like I saw them but when I went to check there was nothing there. The one night was was washing up and I heard the phone ring so I rushed to get it but running around the corner I bumped into someone, well not bumped into, I managed to stop myself before, but I was face to face for about a second. It was our friend who had died. I sort of yelled and closed my eyes and fell backwards onto the tiles and when I got up he was gone.

I didnt tell my parents or anyone first becuase I thought they'd think I was crazy. Then It happened three nights later, I saw him walking through our house again and I rang my mother and told her and she said that we were the only people who had not moved since he died. It was wierd. I saw him four times leading up to christmas and once on christmas day. I havent seen him since the beginning of Janruary.

Ive also seen a young guy in our house in a black tracksuit with yellow stripes down the side, like the ones in the 80's but I could have imagined that one. But the other one I saw for real was in our bathroom about February. It was at niht time and I went in and I could see what looked like a small child in the shower and becuase there was a lot of moonlight I thought it was just funny reflections of the moon so I walked around it and drew the curtains I looked back at the shower and it wa still there so I went to open the shower door and it turned around I ****ing screamed and jumped backwards out of the bathroom and switched the light on in one movement. And thats what ive seen.

I dont expect you to believe me, not many people ive told do, but you have to see it I think before you can fully believe, as I said, I didnt believe it until I saw it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    Well I dont care what some people may or may not say but I did not believe until it happened to me.

When I was twelve years old, a very good friend of our family died, leaving a young wife and two children under the age of three. Last year around November, I got a call from his wife and something immediatly told me that she was going to tell me she was getting married again. It turns out that when I handed the phone ot my mother two minutes later my mother was saying "oh, thats great.." and I had been right. She also told my mother she was moving to another house.

It wasnt until the middle of December things strated to get weird. I began to hear things moving through the house, I thought it was strange then I was just like "oh im being stupid'. The one night I heard something moving and then my cat hiss and miao and run out of the rumpus room. I went and checked it and nothing was there. Then I begant to think that I saw things, people moving through the house, and I did, like I saw them but when I went to check there was nothing there. The one night was was washing up and I heard the phone ring so I rushed to get it but running around the corner I bumped into someone, well not bumped into, I managed to stop myself before, but I was face to face for about a second. It was our friend who had died. I sort of yelled and closed my eyes and fell backwards onto the tiles and when I got up he was gone.

I didnt tell my parents or anyone first becuase I thought they'd think I was crazy. Then It happened three nights later, I saw him walking through our house again and I rang my mother and told her and she said that we were the only people who had not moved since he died. It was wierd. I saw him four times leading up to christmas and once on christmas day. I havent seen him since the beginning of Janruary.

Ive also seen a young guy in our house in a black tracksuit with yellow stripes down the side, like the ones in the 80's but I could have imagined that one. But the other one I saw for real was in our bathroom about February. It was at niht time and I went in and I could see what looked like a small child in the shower and becuase there was a lot of moonlight I thought it was just funny reflections of the moon so I walked around it and drew the curtains I looked back at the shower and it wa still there so I went to open the shower door and it turned around I ****ing screamed and jumped backwards out of the bathroom and switched the light on in one movement. And thats what ive seen.

I dont expect you to believe me, not many people ive told do, but you have to see it I think before you can fully believe, as I said, I didnt believe it until I saw it.
    oh my god :eek: :eek: im so scared now! how do u sleep at night in that house?! i'd **** myself!

ReputationRep:
    The night after my grandfather's funeral, we stayed in our grandparents' house. In the dead of night, we were awaken by the sound of creaky footsteps on the wooden staircase. The pattern of walking suggested a limp. Thinking nothing of it, we went back to sleep.

The following morning we all had a talk about the person on the stairs. Everyone had heard the footsteps but didn't know whom it was. My late grandfather had a limp.

ReputationRep:
    oh my god :eek: :eek: im so scared now! how do u sleep at night in that house?! i'd **** myself!
    Well, it takes a lot more than a ghost to scare me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    Well, it takes a lot more than a ghost to scare me.
    you're very brave!! if a ghost was haunting my house... i'd be straight out of there!!!
    i'd like to see a ghost, but only if people were with me, i wouldn't like to encounter a supernatural experience on my own, i'd probably faint!

ReputationRep:
    I dunno what your tryin' to say but...

-Mate- It couldn't have been your Gramps coz you said he died the night before!..

(Original post by hornblower)
    The night after my grandfather's funeral....
    Maybe your Nan should get a burgaler alarm fixed up or something...

Stu
    XXX

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boxer)
    you're very brave!! if a ghost was haunting my house... i'd be straight out of there!!!
    i'd like to see a ghost, but only if people were with me, i wouldn't like to encounter a supernatural experience on my own, i'd probably faint!
    Im not scared of the supernatural, its cool with me, True, I do get a little tripped out. I suppose everyones version of scared is varies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boxer)

yeh she is very brave i too would be straight out and probably never to return!

and would have to agree with u there could probably cope with seein one if i wasnt alone i'd probably have a heart attack if i was!

ReputationRep:
    I can't share my story, due to a promise i made, but i have certainly seen one.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 21, 2004

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.