The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 1
Practically none existant. Can't see you needing to use it anyway.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
don't talk to me about parking around the uni it's the worst possible thing you can possible attempt.

I have no choice - I have to take my car - and I spend at LEAST 45 minutes every single day searching for a parking spot.

99% of parking places around there are either 1 or 2 hours max (no return within 1 hour), and then there's a lot that are resident parking permit holders only.

There are a few side streets where you can feasibly park, but this is where the 45 minutes comes in - of driving around and around and around just waiting for a free space. It's always absolutely chock-a-block full beyond all comprehension.

You can park in town in a pay-and-display parking machine, and then walk up, but it's uphill and a bit of a pain in the arse. Or you could get a bus up from town, but there again you've gotta pay then for both your parking ticket, PLUS your bus ticket, which will end up costing a nice small fortune.

I think you can apply for a parking permit to use one of the VERY few carparks inside the uni grounds, but according to one of my lecturers, even she has been waiting for over 2 years on a waiting list to get one of those, and that's a lecturer, so as a mere student you've got no chance.

My best advice to you is to get a bike!

Good luck :wink:
to above, have you tried st marks st / st marks rd? thats the road between montague burton and leodis, st marks st being the one with st marks halls on the left. that road is good for parking, but not after 730. Theres usually spaces on st marks rd (turning right at the bottom of the hill), although this can involve a further 10 minute walk to uni up a very steep hill. Also I've seen a fair few car windows smashed round there, so dont leave your car too late.

That's where I always head if I need to drive into the uni.
1hundredreasons
that road is good for parking, but not after 730.

herein lies the problem :wink:

thanks though

Latest