Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumpunderaboat)
    Is that from Nottingham?
    Yep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    Yep.
    Gracias, do you think it would be alright to apply for 2 Industrials and the rest straight Econ without screwing up the P.S?

ReputationRep:
    Gracias, do you think it would be alright to apply for 2 Industrials and the rest straight Econ without screwing up the P.S?
    nah its ok, there are only like 2 industrial economics anyways, so other applicants would be in the same situation as you. They are pretty similar courses anyways

ReputationRep:
    I would have thought so. You could talk about industrial and micro being your particular focus of interest, straight economics admission tutors wouldn't find that odd.

ReputationRep:
    No problem. Industrial Economics is a popular part of straight Economics anyway; they won't mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    nah its ok, there are only like 2 industrial economics anyways, so other applicants would be in the same situation as you. They are pretty similar courses anyways
    Ahh good point, I'm still thinking about combining with Maths aswell although I don't think I could handle more than 30% of it being Maths :confused:

Also does anyone have any idea of how many people warwick intake on industrial econ, as nottingham has an estimate of 30?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deianra)
    No opportunity costs of burning coal then? Shame, shame.
    Unfortunatly not. You do get to do lots of first-degree, second-degree and third-degree price discrimination though. Which is equally as exciting.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh good point, I'm still thinking about combining with Maths aswell although I don't think I could handle more than 30% of it being Maths :confused:

Also does anyone have any idea of how many people warwick intake on industrial econ, as nottingham has an estimate of 30?
    Warwick said 12 I think.

ReputationRep:
    Warwick said 12 I think.
    So only 42 places overall, probably going to need to exceed the AAB/ABB they state.

ReputationRep:
    So only 42 places overall, probably going to need to exceed the AAB/ABB they state.
    Mmm AAA I'd have thought, plus a pretty fancy PS and references!

ReputationRep:
    Mmm AAA I'd have thought, plus a pretty fancy PS and references!
    I was shown my references the other day and was suprised how nice my teachers had been PS is gunna be tricky though :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I was shown my references the other day and was suprised how nice my teachers had been PS is gunna be tricky though :rolleyes:
    Have your teachers written your references already? Wow. Efficient. I don't think mine do it for a while yet.

ReputationRep:
    Have your teachers written your references already? Wow. Efficient. I don't think mine do it for a while yet.
    Perhaps they were provisional copies or something, 3 of them are waiting for AS results before adding predictions anyway. My business teacher is a bit eager though predicting me an A for A2 based on 1 January module, not that I'm complaining. Anyway enough with the education, it's footy time now!!!

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh I'm so confused. I can't do economics, cos I don't have maths, I can't do economics hist, cos I don't have history. Maybe I should just go back to the business and management idea!
    Not really. Maths is fundamental to the study of economic, that's obvious; and whether you do straight Economics, joing honours Economics or 25% Economics, you will come upon some fairly advanced stuff. But you can do it without A-Level maths, just it will be incredible hard work, and you probable won;t enjoy the first year much.

ReputationRep:
    For the love of Economics.
    But maths deserves love in it's own right

ReputationRep:
    For the love of Economics.
    It's dedication certainly... More dedication that I have for sure.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.