Yep.
Jump
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Ellie4)
Yep.
Gracias, do you think it would be alright to apply for 2 Industrials and the rest straight Econ without screwing up the P.S?
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by jumpunderaboat)
Gracias, do you think it would be alright to apply for 2 Industrials and the rest straight Econ without screwing up the P.S?
nah its ok, there are only like 2 industrial economics anyways, so other applicants would be in the same situation as you. They are pretty similar courses anyways
Ellie4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
I would have thought so. You could talk about industrial and micro being your particular focus of interest, straight economics admission tutors wouldn't find that odd.
BazTheMoney
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
No problem. Industrial Economics is a popular part of straight Economics anyway; they won't mind.
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
nah its ok, there are only like 2 industrial economics anyways, so other applicants would be in the same situation as you. They are pretty similar courses anyways
Ahh good point, I'm still thinking about combining with Maths aswell although I don't think I could handle more than 30% of it being Maths :confused:

Also does anyone have any idea of how many people warwick intake on industrial econ, as nottingham has an estimate of 30?
BazTheMoney
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by deianra)
No opportunity costs of burning coal then? Shame, shame.
Unfortunatly not. You do get to do lots of first-degree, second-degree and third-degree price discrimination though. Which is equally as exciting.
Ellie4
Rep:
?
Ahh good point, I'm still thinking about combining with Maths aswell although I don't think I could handle more than 30% of it being Maths :confused:

Also does anyone have any idea of how many people warwick intake on industrial econ, as nottingham has an estimate of 30?
Warwick said 12 I think.
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Warwick said 12 I think.
So only 42 places overall, probably going to need to exceed the AAB/ABB they state.
Ellie4
Rep:
?
So only 42 places overall, probably going to need to exceed the AAB/ABB they state.
Mmm AAA I'd have thought, plus a pretty fancy PS and references!
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Mmm AAA I'd have thought, plus a pretty fancy PS and references!
I was shown my references the other day and was suprised how nice my teachers had been PS is gunna be tricky though :rolleyes:
Ellie4
Rep:
?
I was shown my references the other day and was suprised how nice my teachers had been PS is gunna be tricky though :rolleyes:
Have your teachers written your references already? Wow. Efficient. I don't think mine do it for a while yet.
Jump
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Have your teachers written your references already? Wow. Efficient. I don't think mine do it for a while yet.
Perhaps they were provisional copies or something, 3 of them are waiting for AS results before adding predictions anyway. My business teacher is a bit eager though predicting me an A for A2 based on 1 January module, not that I'm complaining. Anyway enough with the education, it's footy time now!!!
BazTheMoney
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Ahhh I'm so confused. I can't do economics, cos I don't have maths, I can't do economics hist, cos I don't have history. Maybe I should just go back to the business and management idea!
Not really. Maths is fundamental to the study of economic, that's obvious; and whether you do straight Economics, joing honours Economics or 25% Economics, you will come upon some fairly advanced stuff. But you can do it without A-Level maths, just it will be incredible hard work, and you probable won;t enjoy the first year much.
Mysticmin
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
For the love of Economics.
But maths deserves love in it's own right
BazTheMoney
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
For the love of Economics.
It's dedication certainly... More dedication that I have for sure.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (21)
39.62%
Take exams next summer (12)
22.64%
Change uni choice through clearing (14)
26.42%
Apply to uni next year instead (5)
9.43%
I'm not applying to university (1)
1.89%

Watched Threads