The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Study or work abroad information

Hi,

I have only just recently submitted an application to study Biochemistry with an year in the industry at Kingston, starting September 2016, and have actually received an offer today. Needless to say I am extremely excited and very pleased.

Anyhow, the reason behind my post is so that I can find as much information as I possibly can about studying abroad, which I am planning on doing in my second year. I was thus wondering if there a person that I can directly speak to about finding more information?

I would also be more than happy for people who have gone and studied abroad to share their experiences in this thread

Thanks a lot and much appreciated,
Christian.
Hi there!

I, too, am planning on studying abroad to take up a new degree in Business. But I have a cousin who studies in Korea, he told me that having been away from home makes someone really mature or insane(for those who cannot be far away from their families). It is a matter of positive perspective, you know. I guess, to survive an education abroad, beside achieving good academic records, one must adapt to the environment of the place. Learn how people think there. My apologies if I am not much of a help. But I guess I made sense lol. Goodluck!
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Reply 2
Original post by yourJeremyL
Hi there!

I, too, am planning on studying abroad to take up a new degree in Business. But I have a cousin who studies in Korea, he told me that having been away from home makes someone really mature or insane(for those who cannot be far away from their families). It is a matter of positive perspective, you know. I guess, to survive an education abroad, beside achieving good academic records, one must adapt to the environment of the place. Learn how people think there. My apologies if I am not much of a help. But I guess I made sense lol. Goodluck!

Thanks for your post. And yeah it really isn't for people that cannot be away from friends and family. To be honest, my only worries about studying abroad is the financial side of things, so that is what I am most interested in and obviously want to find as much information as I possible can.

And I am yet to meet somebody who has gotten the chance to spend time in California and hasn't liked it haha!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by cbenson_123
Hi,

I have only just recently submitted an application to study Biochemistry with an year in the industry at Kingston, starting September 2016, and have actually received an offer today. Needless to say I am extremely excited and very pleased.

Anyhow, the reason behind my post is so that I can find as much information as I possibly can about studying abroad, which I am planning on doing in my second year. I was thus wondering if there a person that I can directly speak to about finding more information?

I would also be more than happy for people who have gone and studied abroad to share their experiences in this thread

Thanks a lot and much appreciated,
Christian.

Hello cbenson_123

Congratulations on receiving an offer from us!

You can visit our website here to find out more information about Study Abroad. There will also be opportunities to talk to the team should you wish to come to Kingston. There are events in Freshers week and throughout the year.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Chloe :smile:
Student Ambassador
Original post by cbenson_123
Thanks for your post. And yeah it really isn't for people that cannot be away from friends and family. To be honest, my only worries about studying abroad is the financial side of things, so that is what I am most interested in and obviously want to find as much information as I possible can.

And I am yet to meet somebody who has gotten the chance to spend time in California and hasn't liked it haha!

Hi there christian, It has been a while. How are your plans? Have you sorted out your finances for the semester? I think scholarship will help you make it through you financial concerns.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending