The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Interdisciplinary Science Foundation Year

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RiskVsReward
Leeds interdisciplinary for science isn't for medicine.

Hope this helps: http://medhealth.leeds.ac.uk/info/202/applying_for_the_mbchb/110/alternative_routes/4
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by RiskVsReward
DW, I am 18 and applying there for the enginnering :smile:
I also applied last night, just remember OP, equal considerations for all people, so as long as it's sent before 15 jan, we all have an equal chance to be seen, not first come first serve.

Oh... So they don't have a first come first serve basis as long as it's before the 15th of Jan? Man that's a breath of fresh air, pheeww! I really hope we get in :biggrin: Medicine is harder to get into.
Reply 22
Hi, does anybody have an interview/selection day on the 23rd February??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Original post by A__R
Hi, does anybody have an interview/selection day on the 23rd February??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, 12th Jan here :*
Original post by h.xlx
Nope, 12th Jan here :*

Hey my interview is on the 12th of Jan as well

Have u been given a scenario sheet for Yorkshire scientist?
Reply 25
Original post by Coolandcalm1
Hey my interview is on the 12th of Jan as well

Have u been given a scenario sheet for Yorkshire scientist?

Yeahhhh, who did you get? Also, what you planning on doing at uni?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by h.xlx

Posted from TSR Mobile

17th december

Medicinal Chemistry degree wbu?
Im actually soo nervous lol
Original post by h.xlx

Posted from TSR Mobile

And forgot to reply to who i got lol

Joseph Priestley wbu?
Reply 28
And forgot to reply to who i got lol

Joseph Priestley wbu?

I'm hoping for aerospace engineering and I got Joeseph Priestley also. I'm so nervous, a friend of mine was telling me about the day since she did it last year and she said it involves group discussion and speaking in front of audiences.
Original post by h.xlx
I'm hoping for aerospace engineering and I got Joeseph Priestley also. I'm so nervous, a friend of mine was telling me about the day since she did it last year and she said it involves group discussion and speaking in front of audiences.

Ohhh Hope it goes well for us then...All the best :smile:
Reply 30
Ohhh Hope it goes well for us then...All the best :smile:

I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but how old are you because I'm worried there won't be many 18 yo there.
Guys I haven't had a reply yet but I stutter and it gets severe when I'm nervous so what will I do when I will have to speak in front of audience and group discussions haha?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
Original post by MuhammadSpear
Guys I haven't had a reply yet but I stutter and it gets severe when I'm nervous so what will I do when I will have to speak in front of audience and group discussions haha?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Apparently the group decides who speaks on behalf of the group so you can opt out if you don't want to speak.
But won't that effect the decision if I would be accepted into the course or not?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
Has anybody had their interview yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
Original post by MuhammadSpear
But won't that effect the decision if I would be accepted into the course or not?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Idk, I guess you could make up for it by leading the discussion in the group stages or just being a proactive member of your group.
Original post by h.xlx
I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but how old are you because I'm worried there won't be many 18 yo there.

im 17 lol...and yeah thats the exact reason coz theyll be many mature students
Reply 38
im 17 lol...and yeah thats the exact reason coz theyll be many mature students

Okay cool, should be okay I guess. Also, what do you think of the dress code? A different thread said it doesn't have to be suit and tie but I don't know about that, opinions?
Original post by h.xlx
Okay cool, should be okay I guess. Also, what do you think of the dress code? A different thread said it doesn't have to be suit and tie but I don't know about that, opinions?

Im not exactly sure..wat do u think?

Quick Reply

Latest