The Student Room Group
I've never found it enough- but I do have an awful lot of clothes! In my 1st year I had a single rail with NO drawers- complete nightmare, I had to buy boxes to put on top of the wardrobe/under the bed to store underwear, socks, t-shirts etc, that you'd usually put in drawers. I've always lived in accomodation owned by my college, and have never found the wardrobe space to be quite enough but I think most people (especially guys) find it OK. Taking some extra storage wouldn't be a bad idea, maybe wait to buy it til you've seen the size of your room, what is there etc.
Reply 2
My halls were fairly new (built in 2004) and we had a kind of wardrobe unit, with two small wardrobes with hanging rails, and shelves in between and on top of them. Hanging space wise it wasn't bad, but it was annoying having absolutely no drawers - I can really recommend taking a couple of the cheap metal vegetable racks that you can get from Asda, as they're great for holding pants etc.
i have a set of the plastic storage drawers that i put things in that would normally go in a chest of drawers at home. i did wait until after i had been at uni a while though to get the size of my room etc.
Reply 4
I'd take a couple of storage boxes to go on top of the wardrobe and maybe a couple of underbed boxes. Wilkinsons do them quite cheaply. But I'd also check if you can with people already living in the halls you're going to, maybe on the university specific forums?
Reply 5
I have a set of plastic drawers from tesco as well as my wardrobe space. Also I have 4 drawers in the desk unit they provided. Not bad but bit short on hanging space.
My room at Uni is huuuge and I ahve a big double wardrobe for clothes, plus another smaller wardrobe where I store towels and things. I'd reccommend taking a few storage boxes so that you can utilise the space in the wardrobe - mine is really tall and only has a rail at the top, so I bought some boxes to go on the floor of the wardrobe to allow me to put trousers and shoes etc.
Reply 7
I don't have that much wardrobe space especially for hanging things up but then again it's not been too much of an issue for me because I don't have that many clothes anyway.
Reply 8
I really doubt you will have trouble with clothes unless you bring a complete walk in wardrobe
Reply 9
I didn't have nearly enough; just a slim "half wardrobe" about eighteen inches wide and no drawers or anything. (just desk drawers but I needed those for uni work)

It was ok though, I got a couple of plastic storage boxes with lids so they stacked on top of my wardrobe (2 for £5 in Morrisons :wink: ) plus those ones of wheels for under the bed, and bought a cheap set of plastic drawers from Ikea. Problem solved :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending