GCSE Science Revision tips? Watch

SamSp123
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi, I recently done my additional science mock paper and got a grade D, I revised so much for that exam too! Does anybody have any good revision techniques/resources that I can use, and how did you pass science (if you did)?
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by SamSp123)
Hi, I recently done my additional science mock paper and got a grade D, I revised so much for that exam too! Does anybody have any good revision techniques/resources that I can use, and how did you pass science (if you did)?
Well I haven't done additional science yet but I found going through the past papers is the most useful as often similar questions repeat and you almost learn the marking points. Also, reading the examiner's reports helps as it shows the do nots that can cause you to drop lots of marks.

(Btw what exam board are you on?)

I know it's quite old now but thought I'd help
Posted from TSR Mobile
SamSp123
Rep:
?
I'm on the OCR exam board
LogicalFallacy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Past papers are always useful, without a doubt. You can revise using GoConqr if you like to use that. I can show you some of what I've made if you like?

https://www.goconqr.com/en-GB/p/4479...tion-mind_maps

I find it incredibly useful, and I hope you do too.
pixiefuller
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yes past papers are always great to see what kind of answers you need to write in order to pick up the most marks and to see what topics are your strongest/weakest.
You can also read the GCSE specification because that tells you everything you need to know and you can watch revision videos on YouTube to get an understanding of the topics you may be struggling with
fxlloutboyy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Revision cards are good revision when making them and reading them. Have a revision card for each topic - one side information, one side questions to revise from.
SamSp123
Rep:
?
Thanks for the help
WhinnyB
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by SamSp123)
Number one, get a CGP guide! Read it, note what you don't know, and don't waste time taking note of things you already know, or reading an exam-board endorsed textbook with unnecessary content.
Number two, draw what you learn. In B2 (Additional Biology), for example, you could draw labelled a load of isomerase-covered spheres (I forget the name), to show how isomerase converts glucose to fructose. Science is about application, You need to know the content, but also how it works, and how it can be applied (e.g. isomerase in slimming foods).
(quite proud of that knowledge I remembered!)
RawSugar
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It depends how you learn best. If you find fast paced revision like me, I'd recommend listening to podcasts for a topic, then completing past paper questions on it and marking them yourself.
hemixp
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I find watching My GCSE Science really helpful, his videos have helped many kids get A/A*'s
Jamie Vardy
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by hemixp)
I find watching My GCSE Science really helpful, his videos have helped many kids get A/A*'s
OP is doing OCR.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (149)
18.53%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (79)
9.83%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (136)
16.92%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (114)
14.18%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (79)
9.83%
How can I be the best version of myself? (247)
30.72%

Watched Threads