The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Most social accommodation at Leeds?

What's the best halls for meeting people and going out? The halls with the fullest university experience :smile:
Original post by wordnerd
What's the best halls for meeting people and going out? The halls with the fullest university experience :smile:

Hey wordnerd :smile: I think you'll find a lot of the accommodation will be social, especially any halls that have a big number of freshers. So the uni halls will obviously be fun, but it depends what else you want out of your accommodation. I.e. facilities, price etc.

I don't know about other halls particularly, but a third of our residents are freshers and we put all of the first years in one block, the second years in another etc. so you don't annoy any post grads whilst partying! We also throw regular social events in our social spaces, so far this year we've done a Welcome Event, Halloween event and a Christmas one coming up soon I think.

Hope this helps a bit :smile: Thanks, Natasha.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by wordnerd

Like the person above said, you'll have a full uni experience regardless of where you go. I live in Central Village, and it can get crazy over here; if you do get placed here, you will have a very full uni experience. I hear Henry Price and Charles Morris are the same, but I'm not too sure.
Reply 3
Hi :smile: I'm in Leodis and I couldn't recommend it more, it is really social and literally a 5 minute walk from the uni. And most importantly my shower is an absolute dream :P I agree though HP, CM and CLV are all great too :smile:
Hey I live in central village and have found that my halls are super unsociable. It is a bit of a hit and miss in central village with some blocks being really sociable and some barely talking. All the facilities are amazing but if being social is your biggest priority i'd be careful with central village xx
Original post by carlyamelia52
Hey I live in central village and have found that my halls are super unsociable. It is a bit of a hit and miss in central village with some blocks being really sociable and some barely talking. All the facilities are amazing but if being social is your biggest priority i'd be careful with central village xx

If you were to go back and choose another a condition, where would you choose? And did you only pick central village due to its social aspect?
Original post by Toxic_Legends
If you were to go back and choose another a condition, where would you choose? And did you only pick central village due to its social aspect?

Based entirely on the social aspect probably Charles Morris or Henry Price as I have friends in both and they love them. However, overall I'd pick Leodis as it is modern, close to the university and also social from what I've heard. I picked central village based on a number of things like closeness to town and university and facilities and I'd also heard it was social but like I said it's kind of down to luck whether it turns out to be or not.
Original post by carlyamelia52
Based entirely on the social aspect probably Charles Morris or Henry Price as I have friends in both and they love them. However, overall I'd pick Leodis as it is modern, close to the university and also social from what I've heard. I picked central village based on a number of things like closeness to town and university and facilities and I'd also heard it was social but like I said it's kind of down to luck whether it turns out to be or not.

Sorry for all questions but I have another question regarding CV; I'm yet to visit Leeds and will visit during the offer holders day. Is the studio flat apartment thing social at cv? I've heard it's less social as its only 2 people so less people visit them and therefore go out with them? Do they only have 1 double bed? Instead of 2 single beds or 2 double beds? Are the gyms in all the accommodation the same? Or which one has the best facilities? Is it easy to revise and do work when there's like 900 people in the accomdation or is it too distracting?

Quick Reply

Latest