Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I know this is not the place where you post stuff like this but I want to make this post anonymously, hence my reason for posting here.

I would love to work for the country and protect it and I'd love to join the FBI but I'm not an American citizen! Also, even I were an American citizen.. I've heard that it's really hard to get a place secured at the FBI Academy. I'm not clever enough. I need some help and advice! Please help guys!
K.C
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
become a us citizen for a number of years then try ur best
Anonymous #1
(Original post by K.C)
become a us citizen for a number of years then try ur best
Thanks for replying! Are there any British equivalent of FBI?
Tootles
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I know this is not the place where you post stuff like this but I want to make this post anonymously, hence my reason for posting here.

I would love to work for the country and protect it and I'd love to join the FBI but I'm not an American citizen! Also, even I were an American citizen.. I've heard that it's really hard to get a place secured at the FBI Academy. I'm not clever enough. I need some help and advice! Please help guys!
You could always work for the equivalent force in your own country.

Unless you're just having an uneducated, romantic idea of having an FBI badge and some dark glasses.
K.C
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Thanks for replying! Are there any British equivalent of FBI?
nca
4ÆM
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What type of role do you want to work as?
I think if you want to work for FBI then you (obviously) need to be an America citizen (passport wise) as well as your parents. There are UK equilvalent services such as GCHQ.
Also, yes you might be posting anonymously, but this doesn't necessarily mean your identity is safe as your IP address can be found quite quickly. It is also not wise to post online on the fact that you want to apply for a role. You are immediately not considered if you mention that online.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by serah.exe)
What type of role do you want to work as?
I think if you want to work for FBI then you (obviously) need to be an America citizen (passport wise) as well as your parents. There are UK equilvalent services such as GCHQ.
Also, yes you might be posting anonymously, but this doesn't necessarily mean your identity is safe as your IP address can be found quite quickly. It is also not wise to post online on the fact that you want to apply for a role. You are immediately not considered if you mention that online.
I want to work as a FBI agent or I wouldn't mind becoming an analyst either! Really? I didn't know that my parents had to be an American citizen. My parents are British so I might think about working for MI6 instead.. But it has always been my dream job since I was young.

I know, people can find my IP address quite easily.. I just wanted some advice really! Why wouldn't I be considered? I was just asking for some advice because I really want to join there, that's it!
L4L
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Have you considered changing your name to James Bond? That should help
TheCitizenAct
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I want to work as a FBI agent or I wouldn't mind becoming an analyst either! Really? I didn't know that my parents had to be an American citizen. My parents are British so I might think about working for MI6 instead.. But it has always been my dream job since I was young.

I know, people can find my IP address quite easily.. I just wanted some advice really! Why wouldn't I be considered? I was just asking for some advice because I really want to join there, that's it!
You don't want to work for MI6. The pay is absolutely dreadful, much like the career prospects.
4ÆM
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Just keep in mind that it's nothing like in the movies. Yes, if you wanted to work for a secret service force for a country then they would want you to be loyal to your country, in case you share secrets and betray them, hence why (most) services want your parents to have the country's passport as well. Also, in the majority of the cases, if you have a partner then they will check on your partner's background as well. Oh, an analyst, that's awesome!

Yes, you wouldn't be considered (at least GCHQ) if you mentioned online that you were planning on applying for a job. They have mentioned this on their website " We also ask that you refrain from posting any details online or on social media.".

Some advice I would give is look at the job description in a lot of detail. Make sure you know exactly what type of tasks you'd be given, and if you are able to take the job on. Good luck!
ubisoft
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

You are not a US citizen, do you even live there?

"I'm not clever enough" lmao. I actually cannot tell if this is a troll or not. If you're serious, your chances of being accepted are zero.
Balloon Baboon
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The National Crime Agency are the equivalent to America's FBI. They work with GCHQ, Mi5 and Mi6. They also work closely with SFUK.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (142)
42.77%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (39)
11.75%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.13%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (71)
21.39%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.24%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
5.72%

Watched Threads