Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Got offers for Economics course from:
Loughborough ABDistinction
Royal Holloway BBDistinction
Kent BBDistinction
Aston BBDistinction

Really struggling on which uni to make my firm and insurance.

Aston and Loughborough are both quite far from home although I have heard that the facilities at loughborough are amazing. I am definitely looking to live out but I do not want there to be barriers on preventing me to go back home occasionally (travelling costs). Did visit Royal Holloway and Kent on their uni open day, loved Royal Holloway's campus but have heard that the social aspect is quite dry.

What do you guys think? :O
Loughborough University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by DTee)
Got offers for Economics course from:
Loughborough ABDistinction
Royal Holloway BBDistinction
Kent BBDistinction
Aston BBDistinction

Really struggling on which uni to make my firm and insurance.

Aston and Loughborough are both quite far from home although I have heard that the facilities at loughborough are amazing. I am definitely looking to live out but I do not want there to be barriers on preventing me to go back home occasionally (travelling costs). Did visit Royal Holloway and Kent on their uni open day, loved Royal Holloway's campus but have heard that the social aspect is quite dry.

What do you guys think? :O
Hi DTee

Great news on the offer, well done

If you have any questions about Loughborough just ask.

Amy
Don'tworryME
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Royal Holloway and Loughborough are definitely the main contenders here, they are equal in reputation domestically and their courses are both very good. If you are more active to with L if not go for RHUL. Aston and Kent are good too but i do not consider them on the same level as the other two but they are still GOOD universities better than most in UK.
kingdidier11
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I advise you to check uninstats, it helped me with the same dilemma, I can tell you, that if you are talking about Economics, you should choose Kent. Its considered as a top10 university by subject, and a top 20 overall according to Guardian in 2016, and unistats clearly shows that after finishing Economics in Kent, you have 97% to be employed after 6 months. the review on the course is also excellent, I chose Kent over RH and Exeter, however, Exeter is also brilliant, just it was too far from London for me, and as soon as Im not from the UK, I needed good transport options. Loughborough is also good btw, but in overall, I think Kent wins this year, but check it out yourself as well
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (135)
28.6%
No - I have already returned home (63)
13.35%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (93)
19.7%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (45)
9.53%
No - I live at home during term anyway (136)
28.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise