PSYCHOLOGY LAB REPORT - AS (edexcel) - memory?? please

Watch
batoot
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
so I'm supposed to be doing a pysch lab write up on an experiment we did on whether acoustically similar or dissimilar words effect recall

we were given a "framework" to "guide us" and it's just ****ing me up.

part 1 of the framework states:
Introduction: an overview of related theories and research on the topic area. The introduction provides a rationale for the current investigation (says why you are doing it!) that links prior research to the study aims and hypotheses.

I'M SORRY WHAT THE HELL IS IT EVEN ASKING FOR since i only know of ONE study that baddeley did (1966 b) on acoustic and semantic similarity and recall and idek if that counts as a theory since it's a study and oh my can someone please explain to me step by step what this is actually asking for and what the difference is between a study and a theory?

the rest of the write up I'm okay with: the method, results and most of the discussion. Except in the discussion section, a part of it states "refer to prior research - do your results support the prior research?"
when it says research what is it referring to exactly? Is it referring to studies people have done in the past, right? like baddeley?

if anyone can help please do
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses.

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :yy:

Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Tank Girl)
x
beyknowles2
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by batoot)
so I'm supposed to be doing a pysch lab write up on an experiment we did on whether acoustically similar or dissimilar words effect recall

Introduction: an overview of related theories and research on the topic area. The introduction provides a rationale for the current investigation (says why you are doing it!) that links prior research to the study aims and hypotheses.

I'M SORRY WHAT THE HELL IS IT EVEN ASKING FOR since i only know of ONE study that baddeley did (1966 b) on acoustic and semantic similarity and recall and idek if that counts as a theory since it's a study and oh my can someone please explain to me step by step what this is actually asking for and what the difference is between a study and a theory?

the rest of the write up I'm okay with: the method, results and most of the discussion. Except in the discussion section, a part of it states "refer to prior research - do your results support the prior research?"
when it says research what is it referring to exactly? Is it referring to studies people have done in the past, right? like baddeley?

"an overview of related theory and research"

Baddeley's study would be fine. Do you not remember the theory that this study was testing? It's the Levels of Processing model of memory. Craik and Tulving is another suitable study.

I'm doing A2 Psychology on Edexcel and this is much more than what we were expected to do!
hellodave5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

How is this going?
As a psych grad I'm happy to help if I can
batoot
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by hellodave5)
How is this going?
As a psych grad I'm happy to help if I can
it went pretty horribly i think, my psych teacher is marking it over christmas and i'll get it back after mocks

thank you for offering to help it's done now, but if i have any questions in the future can i just pm you?
hellodave5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
it went pretty horribly i think, my psych teacher is marking it over christmas and i'll get it back after mocks

thank you for offering to help it's done now, but if i have any questions in the future can i just pm you?
Ah. Hopefully it has gone okay!
Yeah you are very welcome to PM me if you need any help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (121)
28.27%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.32%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (84)
19.63%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.35%
No - I live at home during term anyway (126)
29.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed