The Student Room Group

I'm so unhappy.

So I've just started college in September doing Sports and Exercise Sciences and I really hate being there. I'm so passionate about the course, but I'm not very good at it and it's very unstimulating and I feel so unmotivated. I also don't get on with anyone there and my teachers don't think of me as anything. It's December and I want to drop out and move colleges. But I don't think I would be able to catch up on old assignments etc. I don't know what to do. If I dropped out of college altogether, what would I do? Is there any thing I COULD do?
I'm only 16 too.
I'm not getting much sleep because of worry and being apprehensive.
Original post by Emmse12345
So I've just started college in September doing Sports and Exercise Sciences and I really hate being there. I'm so passionate about the course, but I'm not very good at it and it's very unstimulating and I feel so unmotivated. I also don't get on with anyone there and my teachers don't think of me as anything. It's December and I want to drop out and move colleges. But I don't think I would be able to catch up on old assignments etc. I don't know what to do. If I dropped out of college altogether, what would I do? Is there any thing I COULD do?
I'm only 16 too.

Hi there Emmse,

I know it's not as big a change as moving colleges but when I was studying A Level I changed one of my subjects and was worried about catching up but I have no regrets as it is so much better to be happy than staying where you are and being miserable. Did you have another college in mind? It might be worth speaking to an advisor at the college or perhaps a parent or someone who has been through the same thing?

January could be a good time if you did want to start over and I'm sure a new college could arrange something with you to help you catch up!
Reply 2
Original post by Queen Cersei
Hi there Emmse,

I know it's not as big a change as moving colleges but when I was studying A Level I changed one of my subjects and was worried about catching up but I have no regrets as it is so much better to be happy than staying where you are and being miserable. Did you have another college in mind? It might be worth speaking to an advisor at the college or perhaps a parent or someone who has been through the same thing?

January could be a good time if you did want to start over and I'm sure a new college could arrange something with you to help you catch up!

Yeah, I do have a college in mind. However the one I'm in now is so much academically better than the one in mind. I'm going o talk to my tutor about this and get some advice. Thank you for your help and advice ^.^
Original post by Emmse12345
I'm only 16 too.

I know it is very "Cliché" if you will but do what you feel is right. I have been in a similar position myself; Hated where I'm at, But I stuck to it and eventually managed to adapt but it took way too long. Think about the long run and the one incentive at the end of all of this: University perhaps? I hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending