Is .4.5 hours too much to study in the christmas holidays?

Watch this thread
WannaBMedStudent
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I am doing my A2's in Biology, Chemistry and English Literature but I am also resitting 2 AS modules- I'm thinking of devoting each subject and hour except Lit which will get 30 min (I just have some reading to do). I'm planning to work 9 out of the 14 days with this time plan. Is it too much ? Will I get burnt out easily?
Letournel
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by WannaBMedStudent)
I am doing my A2's in Biology, Chemistry and English Literature but I am also resitting 2 AS modules- I'm thinking of devoting each subject and hour except Lit which will get 30 min (I just have some reading to do). I'm planning to work 9 out of the 14 days with this time plan. Is it too much ? Will I get burnt out easily?
No, not at all
Duncan2012
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Depends what grades you want.
_Lizabeth_
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
We got told to do 6 hours a day including weekends for AS.
WannaBMedStudent
Rep:
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by _Lizabeth_)
We got told to do 6 hours a day including weekends for AS.
Everyday during your Christmas holiday?! I just don't want to burn out by Feb time when things really get serious.
Duncan2012
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
You will not burn out at under 5 hours a day for a few weeks.

You say you're a WannaBMedStudent...?
ivybridge
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
It all depends on you and what you can manage. As long as you balance and aren't stupid, letting yourself chill when you need to, then its fine.
thecatwithnohat
Badges: 20
Report 6 years ago
Christmas mainly consists of getting your notes from Sept - Dec together. I don't think 4.5 hours is too much at all if you're creating revision notes

Just read your notes lightly and don't focus on learning them all off by heart too seriously just yet.
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Report 6 years ago
Thats not too much. I'll be doing 5-7hrs a day (with breaks).
ikhan94
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
4.5 hours is good, plus during christmas holidays you'll have much longer to study
TianaEsther
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
If you want to be a medicine student I think it's important for you to be doing more than that. I'm in year 12 and I'm planning on doing 8 hours a day every day apart from Saturday's!
Docjones1
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
It depends how much the subject comes to you naturally. I'll probably spend about 2 horus a day, on average, revising Biology, Chemistry and Maths A2. Some might need to do more for good grades. I do keep up with my work quite well in School though.
Letournel
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by TianaEsther)
If you want to be a medicine student I think it's important for you to be doing more than that. I'm in year 12 and I'm planning on doing 8 hours a day every day apart from Saturday's!
If the OP can get their grades whilst studying 4.5 hours then there is no need to do more. The workload will increase massively in med school, if someone is having to work all day every day to gain the required A levels, they may find themselves falling down the deciles once they reach med school and realise that they have little reserve.
Coollad1999
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I'm in year 12 and I'll be studying 8 hours a day like during the half term holidays.
Proxenus
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
you're not a top mc you're just standard
loveleest
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Not really, that's what I'm aiming for
Docjones1
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by plrodham1)
If the OP can get their grades whilst studying 4.5 hours then there is no need to do more. The workload will increase massively in med school, if someone is having to work all day every day to gain the required A levels, they may find themselves falling down the deciles once they reach med school and realise that they have little reserve.
I'm applying for medicine now with 5 As at AS and I definately didn't study 4 hours during Christmas holidays. It scales to everyone's natural ability.
The Diplomat.
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
4.5 hours naaaa u wont burn out.

But make sure you work hard, dont want be doing 10hrs of revision per day in Easter holidays like i did because of doing jack**** for the whole year LOL
PricklyPorcupine
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Personally, that would be too much for me- I can't sit down and revise for very long without needing a break. However, if you find that this is helpful and doesn't make you sick of the work you're doing then it might work for you.
Sparster
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
WOAH I thought doing an hour a day was a lot fml. I don't really start revising much till far later...?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (130)
66.33%
No (44)
22.45%
I didn't use it to prepare (22)
11.22%

Watched Threads