OCR Psych - How many studies has everyone done?

Watch
CallumH1997
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I think we'll have done 27 by Christmas, I feel like this is way to slow but the teachers think it's fine. It's stressing my out so much. Just wanna see how many other people have done
beyknowles2
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by CallumH1997)
I think we'll have done 27 by Christmas, I feel like this is way to slow but the teachers think it's fine. It's stressing my out so much. Just wanna see how many other people have done
What the ****!? How come you have to learn so many?

I'm doing A2 Psychology with Edexcel and this year we will have learnt a total of around 9 studies (in detail). Last year we learnt a few more, about 11. So for the whole course that's only 20 ??
starlett53
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by beyknowles2)
What the ****!? How come you have to learn so many?

I'm doing A2 Psychology with Edexcel and this year we will have learnt a total of around 9 studies (in detail). Last year we learnt a few more, about 11. So for the whole course that's only 20 ??
Yeah im doing the same amount
BethIsInDispute
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by CallumH1997)
I do OCR A2 psychology and we have done 37 so far
Craig1998
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Up to 27 theories, studies etc. (bullet points) out of 54. However, weve also practised exam techniques (10, 15 markers) and so all we need to do is finish off the studies in health. Started on the other paper aswell but it's just recap from research methods last year.

For everyone wondering why theres so many, it's because they are much smaller and less detailed than you'd expect. We need to learn about the study/theory aswell as any applications that can be made from the study as part of the 10 mark questions. We then need to consider evaluating studies/theories in groups of 3 (so 9 possibilities for forensic psychology) against points like validity, reliability, ethics and the nature/nurture debate.
starlett53
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think our class is being taught pretty differently. We're doing 9 studies for forensic and 9 for health whilst doing things like applications, validity, determinism/free will etc. at the same time. It's not divided up 😕

Posted from TSR Mobile
starlett53
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Oh and does anyone know what type of validity issue it would be if a sample bias concerns age?

Posted from TSR Mobile
emiloujess
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
We're about 3 away from completing the Forensic section
Professor L
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
About 28, nearly halfway through Forensic and Health & Clinical
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (48)
24.62%
Less motivated (147)
75.38%

Watched Threads