limadima
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I bought maybe a month ago a Notebook Pavillion now it takes an hour for the Laptop to start and then says this:" The application is not responding. The program may respond again if you wait. Do you want to end this process?" Am not sure what it is doing and before this it has been shutting itself off. Now I can not really do anything besides stare at my screen. None of my applications such as Chrome are able to open, and there is this sound coming from my laptop. Really weird, anywho hope this sounds familiar to anyone? Can i fix it myself or should I return it to the store?
PrettymuchGod
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Your hard drive is dying. (assuming the sound is not the fan, which you just have to see if it runs hot to know) If it is the HDD you could just buy a new one for the notebook model http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hard-Drive-5.../dp/B008VBU10O
Subspace
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Return it to the store. This could be a software problem or a hardware problem, possibly a defective hard drive.

Backup the hard drive to an external hard drive FIRST then check the hard drive with checkdisk and run system file checker.

If it is a hardware problem they will probably replace the unit for free.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (554)
33.97%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (673)
41.26%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (330)
20.23%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (74)
4.54%

Watched Threads