The Student Room Group

Syria Expert Ask Me Anything

Like the title says, ask away. Just be respectful and keep it clean.
Do you think the West should be Putin their differences Assad? (This is a Syrias Question)
I'm not sure I understand the question? Are you asking whether or not the West should accept Assad and work with him?
Reply 3
Original post by Thus-Spoke-Lara

who would you pick between Assad and ISIS ? We all know the FSA is a load of rubbish
Demx9 Thank You for your question.

I fear the dichotomy you have posed is a popular one, but completely false, The Free Syria Army has 25, 000 troops fighting in Syria.

ISIS and Assad are not really fighting one another. It's well documented that some members of ISIS were in Syrian prisons in 2011, but after the popular uprising started, Assad began releasing them in the hope of instigating sectarian strife. Prior to 2011, Al Qaeda style groups based in Iraq (who would go on to form ISIS), were receiving arms and training from the Syrian military (a fact the Iraqi government resents).

ISIS in it's present form began to formulate in 2013, inside Syria, where they began to attack anti-Assad opposition groups. Assad's forces would uses air strikes against all Syrian opposition forces except ISIS, this led many to suspect that Assad was encouraging the growth of ISIS. Also, the Financial Times, Daily Beast and others have reported the economic ties between Assad and ISIS are deep, maybe as much as $300 million worth of trade. A number of power plants and oil refineries in ISIS held areas are jointly operated between Assad and ISIS. Again well documented, so much so, that the Syrian Christian pro-Bashar businessman, George Haswani, is on the European Union sanction list for being a middle man between ISIS and Assad.

In short, choosing Assad is choosing ISIS.

However, there are 150, 000 Syrian rebels who are both anti-Assad and anti-ISIS who have been fighting ISIS since late 2013. They would make more progress but Assad's attack planes keep bombing them
Do you think Western, specifically UK, airstrikes are a good idea?
Are there white syrians ?

does this cause racism in syria ?
Omg habibti,you've taken over me! Fellow Syrian here,oh wait you're Lebanese. Fellow Levantine :h:
(edited 8 years ago)
Are there any cheap package holidays available? I'm quie into my danger tourism.
Original post by Quantex
Are there any cheap package holidays available? I'm quie into my danger tourism.

:confused: oh god!
Original post by demx9
who would you pick between Assad and ISIS ? We all know the FSA is a load of rubbish

Russia is also backing them and supplying them with weapons apparently, as well as supporting their ally,assad government forces
The ammount of inaccuracy here is astonishing
Original post by Thus-Spoke-Lara

Reply 13
Lol expert

Have you ever been?
Do you agree with the aims of Al Jabhat Al Islamiyyah?
What makes you an expert?
Reply 16
Syrian expert LOL

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending