The Student Room Group

Help for uni students with eye tests

Hi all,
All the information on the internet clashes a bit but do uni students get help with eye test costs?

I am 18 and in my first year. Cant really afford the eye test but i know my prescription has changed as my eyes are a lot worse.

Any help would be good :smile:
I'm not sure. But can't you go to a optician and ask them?
Original post by John Smithson
Hi all,
All the information on the internet clashes a bit but do uni students get help with eye test costs?

I am 18 and in my first year. Cant really afford the eye test but i know my prescription has changed as my eyes are a lot worse.

Any help would be good :smile:

Until you are 19 you can carry on getting free treatment in dentists and opticians as usual. When you are 19,
assuming you are English- http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthcosts/Pages/nhs-low-income-scheme.aspx
(edited 8 years ago)
In addition to what the others have said, Specsavers sometimes do free eye tests. Additionally, if you're at a uni that teaches optometry, they'll typically be looking for people willing to have an eye test done by a student for free (but it can take a bit longer) - the same thing applies to dentistry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I seem to remember that sometimes if you get your prescriptions from Boots, they sometimes give away free / £10 eye tests. And I think Specsavers sometimes give away free eye test vouchers in the local newspapers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending