Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anybody else watching ?

125,000 people, and by the end I get the feeling they'll be one almighty version of Angels ringing about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Expression)
    Anybody else watching ?

125,000 people, and by the end I get the feeling they'll be one almighty version of Angels ringing about.
    Nope my tv is in the other room.

I hope my violin teacher doesn't watch - he hates Robbie!

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't there myself, but I was watching it live on channel 4 and it looked absolutely fantastic! Robbie really had the crowd going and the final song from take that with a rock&roll chorus was great! All I can say is i wish i was there!

Ad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byb3)
    I wasn't there myself, but I was watching it live on channel 4 and it looked absolutely fantastic! Robbie really had the crowd going and the final song from take that with a rock&roll chorus was great! All I can say is i wish i was there!

Ad
    Absolutely incredible weren't it. He still manages to play the crowd, and continues to look surprised and humbled when the crowd respond by singing the songs that have made him so famous.

Given the opportunity to go, I would not have turned it down.

ReputationRep:
    i live in the US...what is knebworth??

CR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CR3)

CR
    Hiya. Knebworth is a place somewhere where Robbie Williams hosted a live concert last night, which was shown on channel 4.
    Lyd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_musical_gal)
    Nope my tv is in the other room.

I hope my violin teacher doesn't watch - he hates Robbie!
    LOL. I saw the last 20 minutes of it- I thought it was good. Wasnt he sweaty?????

Lyd

ReputationRep:
    Anybody else watching ?

I heard it was 375,000 people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CR3)

CR
    Knebworth is actually a large estate with a big stately home owned by the Lytton family, but it is most famous nowdays for its concerts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Knebworth is actually a large estate with a big stately home owned by the Lytton family, but it is most famous nowdays for its concerts.
    Ok then, I didn't know that.....
    Lyd

ReputationRep:
    I heard it was 375,000 people.
    You heard wrong (for once).

375,000 over the 3 days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by giddylid1)
    LOL. I saw the last 20 minutes of it- I thought it was good. Wasnt he sweaty?????

Lyd
    Hmmm last twenty minutes were pretty good yeh, loved the version of "Want You Back For Good" at the end.

Have to laugh when there were Take That lyrics that the crowd was singing effectively correcting Robbies memory !

You missed a great show, it was 2 hours of total entertainment, just as he promised.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm last twenty minutes were pretty good yeh, loved the version of "Want You Back For Good" at the end.

Have to laugh when there were Take That lyrics that the crowd was singing effectively correcting Robbies memory !

You missed a great show, it was 2 hours of total entertainment, just as he promised.
    And him taking the mick out of Justin Timberlake was wicked!!! I didn't like Robbie much before but after that I have a new found respect for him!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chicken)
    And him taking the mick out of Justin Timberlake was wicked!!!
    Quality moment =)

Robbie's right though, everyone makes a fuss cos JT can beat box, and it's not just him that can do it...

ReputationRep:
    oo...i get it now...thanks

CR

ReputationRep:
    You heard wrong (for once).

375,000 over the 3 days.
    I'm not brilliant at Maths (though better than many), as I may soon demonstrate, but if 375,000 went over three days, that is about 1/3 of one million. If there are 60 million people in the country, does this mean that 1/180 th of the population went? Becuase that is amazing, but I probably got it wrong and will soon be made to look stupid by some smartarse.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not brilliant at Maths (though better than many), as I may soon demonstrate, but if 375,000 went over three days, that is about 1/3 of one million. If there are 60 million people in the country, does this mean that 1/180 th of the population went? Becuase that is amazing, but I probably got it wrong and will soon be made to look stupid by some smartarse.
    If you think about it in that sense, as a fraction of the UKs population, then when you get them 1/180th of the entire population desending on one location over a weekend, you very quickly start to understand the traffic problems that Herts Police have encounted.

ReputationRep:
    If you think about it in that sense, as a fraction of the UKs population, then when you get them 1/180th of the entire population desending on one location over a weekend, you very quickly start to understand the traffic problems that Herts Police have encounted.
    hmmmm...I wonder if they got paid extra!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_musical_gal)
    hmmmm...I wonder if they got paid extra!
    I hope not, they did a rubbish job of it Friday night, people were still getting out of the Car Park at 4.30 AM !

Better job apparently done last night.

ReputationRep:
    I hope not, they did a rubbish job of it Friday night, people were still getting out of the Car Park at 4.30 AM !

Better job apparently done last night.
    Oh god and I thought it was bad sitting on a coach with loads of drunks singing 99 Green Bottle Sitting on a wall and my dad (not drunk) joining in for an 1 1/2 today.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 3, 2003
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.