Best answer will receive a like, comment back and a follow for this biology question

Watch
asdfghjkl12
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Oxygen diffuses from lungs to blood whilst carbon dioxide passes from blood into the lungs. Explain why the movement of eachgas is essentially in one direction only, your answer must include numerical values (8marks)
Kholmes1
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
I didn't know oxygen was only in the one direction "fandom." Weird. I would consider it to be more of a Justin Bieber fan.

I have no idea why I said that. I had no idea how to answer your question.
asdfghjkl12
Rep:
(Original post by Kholmes1)
I didn't know oxygen was only in the one direction "fandom." Weird. I would consider it to be more of a Justin Bieber fan.

I have no idea why I said that. I had no idea how to answer your question.
LOOOOOL :ahee::ahee::ahee::ahee:
beyknowles2
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by asdfghjkl12)
Oxygen diffuses from lungs to blood whilst carbon dioxide passes from blood into the lungs. Explain why the movement of eachgas is essentially in one direction only, your answer must include numerical values (8marks)
Can't give you "numerical values" because I haven't studied it at that much detail, but I can try to give you some sort of idea based on what I know. Oxygen enters the body from the air and goes to the lungs, it diffuses from the lungs into the blood and the blood carries it to different cells in the body; when blood travels past a certain cell or tissue, oxygen diffuses into it and it is used there for respiration, to provide the cell or tissue with energy. All of the oxygen is used, so none diffuses back into the blood.

A waste product of this respiration, of course, is carbon dioxide. This is produced at the cells that have undergone respiration, and it is toxic so it needs to be removed as quickly as possible, this is the point of ventilation. Carbon dioxide is of no use to the cells, so when blood travels past cells that have built up carbon dioxide from respiration, it diffuses into the blood then the blood travels back up to the lungs, and the carbon dioxide diffuses from the blood into the lungs and is exhaled

Hope that helps.
asdfghjkl12
Rep:
(Original post by beyknowles2)
Can't give you "numerical values" because I haven't studied it at that much detail, but I can try to give you some sort of idea based on what I know. Oxygen enters the body from the air and goes to the lungs, it diffuses from the lungs into the blood and the blood carries it to different cells in the body; when blood travels past a certain cell or tissue, oxygen diffuses into it and it is used there for respiration, to provide the cell or tissue with energy. All of the oxygen is used, so none diffuses back into the blood.

A waste product of this respiration, of course, is carbon dioxide. This is produced at the cells that have undergone respiration, and it is toxic so it needs to be removed as quickly as possible, this is the point of ventilation. Carbon dioxide is of no use to the cells, so when blood travels past cells that have built up carbon dioxide from respiration, it diffuses into the blood then the blood travels back up to the lungs, and the carbon dioxide diffuses from the blood into the lungs and is exhaled

Hope that helps.
Thank you, the explanation is detailed so I will work out the numerical values
economist2
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Here is the best answer...
Spoiler:
Show
Best answer...
Roadman123
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by asdfghjkl12)
LOOL the best answer is your homework complete..
beyknowles2
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
That was just a bit of revision for me :lol: Had to rack my brain
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (29)
6.89%
October 2021 (194)
46.08%
November 2021 (43)
10.21%
December 2021 (56)
13.3%
January 2021 (46)
10.93%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (39)
9.26%
Something else (14)
3.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise