How are you finding your AS Level courses?

Watch
Tragically_soph
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I do Sociology, Psychology, Geography and Religious Studies. Just interested on how other people are finding these or even other courses.
thevamps99xo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Tragically_soph)
I do Sociology, Psychology, Geography and Religious Studies. Just interested on how other people are finding these or even other courses.
I'm doing sociology! Tbf out of the 3 I'm doing it is my favourite! I had parents evening last night and my teachers were full of praise for me

Posted from TSR Mobile
LenniesRabbit
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I do Sociology as well. Honestly, I love the content but my gosh is there a lot to learn! So many names and theories as well as dates. I've gotten A and B in my recent class tests but it's just so much content its unbelievable.
Psychology is my easiest subject out of Sociology, English, Psychology and Politics. I have no problems with it.
Tragically_soph
Rep:
?
(Original post by thevamps99xo)
I'm doing sociology! Tbf out of the 3 I'm doing it is my favourite! I had parents evening last night and my teachers were full of praise for me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Must admit I do quite enjoy sociology. Glad you're doing so well!
Tragically_soph
Rep:
?
(Original post by LenniesRabbit)
I do Sociology as well. Honestly, I love the content but my gosh is there a lot to learn! So many names and theories as well as dates. I've gotten A and B in my recent class tests but it's just so much content its unbelievable.
Psychology is my easiest subject out of Sociology, English, Psychology and Politics. I have no problems with it.
The theorists and sociologists are crazy like there are too many to remember. I'm getting As too but I always feel like I don't know anything as there's so much to know. I do enjoy it though. As for psych, yeah that's pretty easy tbf
Jack_Miller
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I do Maths, Physics and History, I hated Maths at first, but now it is my favourite lesson as I put more work into it. History is ok, but so much work. Physics is really hard, I only got a B at GCSE and didn't do Further Additional Science and I am getting U's and E'd constantly
z33
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
well i'm retaking unit 2s for my courses but even still i'm struggling with bio and chem x'DD
Dolphins
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Jack_Miller)
I do Maths, Physics and History, I hated Maths at first, but now it is my favourite lesson as I put more work into it. History is ok, but so much work. Physics is really hard, I only got a B at GCSE and didn't do Further Additional Science and I am getting U's and E'd constantly
I do Physics too and it's so hard

I do Maths/Physics/Chemistry/Biology and Physics is the hardest by a land slide.
Helfus
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Tragically_soph)
(Original post by thevamps99xo)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(Original post by LenniesRabbit)
What exam board/topics do you do?

I do AQA, the compulsory content is Education with Methods in context and Research Methods. The optional topic our school is doing is family and households. We're moving onto the latter after Christmas as we've finished Research Methods now.
Tragically_soph
Rep:
?
(Original post by Helfus)
What exam board/topics do you do?

I do AQA, the compulsory content is Education with Methods in context and Research Methods. The optional topic our school is doing is family and households. We're moving onto the latter after Christmas as we've finished Research Methods now.
That's what we are doing also, though we have already started on all topics as we have two teachers.
Ribenas
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Just for reference I take :
Sociology (AQA)
Biology (AQA)
Psychology (Edexcel)

Psychology has to be my absolute favourite but I love how similar sociology is to psychology. So far I have to say they are definitely very tantalising
Louanneee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm doing sociology (OCR) which is going really well and is probably one of my favourites. Geography (AQA) which is also going good and i'm also taking English literature which I really love but I need to do some improving haha
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (267)
56.33%
I don't have everything I need (207)
43.67%

Watched Threads