When are you going to start revision for GCSEs?

Watch this thread
chocochip_
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm going to start revising in the winter holidays. What about you guys?
username1238259
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by noor.m)
I'm starting in Jan/Feb
Mohd_mahtab
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
It is hard to exactly concentrate on only one or 2 subjects , caz ive to give examination for school as well....
Joshua-P
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I'm starting December 16, 5 months before the first exam!
suzywithaZY
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I started halfway through year 10, catch up kids

Lololol jk, seriously though - GCSEs do not need 5/6 months of revision. Revise for your mocks, have a little break and then start revision in early April (or March if you're super keen). Enjoy your freedom whilst you can, once you get to AS/A2 you'll basically have no life anymore
I started revising for my GCSEs in late April (disclaimer: this is NOT recommended) and I ended up with 11A*s, though that was mainly due to some pretty intense cramming the night before some of my exams :lol: but yeah, my point is that starting super early isn't worth it. As I said, enjoy your free time before you get to A-levels
tip95
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I`m stating after boxing day
Vicky628
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Don't start too early, it will just burn/stress you out

Over Christmas, start making some revision material for content heavy subjects {science/history}, and make sure you understand technique/concepts, but don't start hardcore revision for a few months yet. You'll be bored sick and it won't sink in
username2281303
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by noor.m)
Starting after the new year.

oh, how I'm buzzing for it
Afro Tail
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I'm planning to create a revision timetable over the Christmas Holidays. Then I'll start revising for two hours after school, everyday and four hours on the week-ends. I'm not planning on doing more hours so I don't get bored and start slacking. I'll probably revise by going all the way back to the start of Year 10 and doing a lesson an hour.
TianaEsther
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by thechemistress)
I started halfway through year 10, catch up kids

Lololol jk, seriously though - GCSEs do not need 5/6 months of revision. Revise for your mocks, have a little break and then start revision in early April (or March if you're super keen). Enjoy your freedom whilst you can, once you get to AS/A2 you'll basically have no life anymore
I started revising for my GCSEs in late April (disclaimer: this is NOT recommended) and I ended up with 11A*s, though that was mainly due to some pretty intense cramming the night before some of my exams :lol: but yeah, my point is that starting super early isn't worth it. As I said, enjoy your free time before you get to A-levels
That's insane! Congratulations on your results! I started revising around December and my hardcore revision started around March when I was done with all my coursework although I only managed to get 6A's and 4B's.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (18)
22.22%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (10)
12.35%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
4.94%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (13)
16.05%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (17)
20.99%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
23.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed