Emotionally exploitative, prejudicial claptrap from the anti-testosterone jihadis...

Watch
TheCitizenAct
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Sickeningly prejudicial. This is what I consistently refer to as 'pathological altruism.' It's cloaking a blatant prejudice as a social good, largely to recruit an army of tribal narcissists to their socially acceptable religion.

BookBird
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
liek if u cri evertym

Maybe they should also make "Dear mum"?
DiddyDec01
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
WTF did I just watch? Name calling now leads to rape?
karl pilkington
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't see the problem it is kind of about prejudice towards women but kind of lame that they make it about jokes turning into rape
troubadour.
Badges: 19
Report 5 years ago
I'm not really a fan of indirect guilt.
TheCitizenAct
Rep:
?
(Original post by karl pilkington)
I don't see the problem it is kind of about prejudice towards women but kind of lame that they make it about jokes turning into rape
You don't see a problem with pathologising every male on planet Earth, or turning them all into de facto rapists and misogynists?

What about the fact it infantilises the entire female gender?

What about the cringe-inducing, emotionally exploitative appeals to 'Daddy, help me' (from women who, in another context, on another day, are 'empowered')?
karl pilkington
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by TheCitizenAct)
You don't see a problem with pathologising every male on planet Earth, or turning them all into de facto rapists and misogynists?

What about the fact it infantilises the entire female gender?

What about the cringe-inducing, emotionally exploitative appeals to 'Daddy, help me' (from women who, in another context, on another day, are 'empowered')?
Yeah it is kind of lame I agree but it doesn't really make any difference to anything. Women still face massive persecution and violence in the world so I would rather be on their side rather than against it.
TheCitizenAct
Rep:
?
Yeah it is kind of lame I agree but it doesn't really make any difference to anything. Women still face massive persecution and violence in the world so I would rather be on their side rather than against it.
Not in the world that girl lives in. In her world, women are the most privileged beings on planet Earth. Which is what makes this all the more galling, manipulative and prejudicial.

Everything makes a difference to everything else. Nothing exists in isolation. Just because I can't do anything about the fact someone is having their head kicked in somewhere in the UK right now, it doesn't mean it isn't a problem, nor does it mean it isn't our problem.

Everything is connected and people are the sum of their experiences - where this video exists, another 10,000 like it are a mere click away. All of this propaganda helps people form perceptions on what life around them is like, irrespective of how disingenuous the propaganda is.
TheCitizenAct
Rep:
?
(Original post by BookBird)

Maybe they should also make "Dear mum"?
Dear Mum, why is the entire western world trying to paint me as a misogynistic rapist? Why are all men responsible for the actions of all other men? Why is my University telling me I need to attend consent classes? Why am I being banned from attending diversity classes? Why did that girl accuse me of rape when I didn't go anywhere near her? Why does no-one seem to know that more men are raped in the USA every year than women?
limetang
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Women are less likely to be victims of violence than men.
TheonlyMrsHolmes
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Wow, that was depressing.
KingBradly
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by TheCitizenAct)
Sickeningly prejudicial. This is what I consistently refer to as 'pathological altruism.' It's cloaking a blatant prejudice as a social good, largely to recruit an army of tribal narcissists to their socially acceptable religion.

The greatest danger to women is being infantilized by putrid rubbish like this.
username2228735
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
That was pathetic.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
3.08%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (9)
13.85%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (10)
15.38%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (8)
12.31%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (25)
38.46%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (11)
16.92%

Watched Threads