(Original post by MattG)
    thats the question!

nice tv at home or on big screen in a loud smoke filled pub lol
    On UKL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    thats the question!

nice tv at home or on big screen in a loud smoke filled pub lol
    nothing beats the big screen in the pub, but shame watching the france game there..

ReputationRep:
    To to the pub, a better atmosphere and you can drown your sorrows if we lose (not that we will)

ReputationRep:
    I will be sitting infront of my tv, with my Swiss top on. lol. I'm scottish so I have to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by enigmatic)
    I will be sitting infront of my tv, with my Swiss top on. lol. I'm scottish so I have to.
    What, be jealous and twisted?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingpong)
    What, be jealous and twisted?
    lol. typical answer. At least scotland lose in style and dignity, and pride.

ReputationRep:
    either that or a scotland top with "LOSERS" written on the back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattG)
    either that or a scotland top with "LOSERS" written on the back
    LOL. Every time someone answers, it just re-emphasises how comical the english are. Please, throw more of these comments at me.

ReputationRep:
    In normal circumstances, the pub or a decent bar - no contest. Although atm I feel absolutely p*ss*d-on after going out last night and having about 3hrs sleep before going into school this morning. I hope I can stay awake for the match, lol.

I don't know if this is the case everywhere, but the 2/3 big screens erected in Brum city centre have absolutely pants definition and they have made the zones drinking prohibited - so they're a fat load of good. The most popular bars always fill up for England matches and you can't move in them, let alone get served at the bar or get a seat.

At least at home I have a comfy seat, decent picture quality, no louts who I don't know, don't have to queue up at a bar for ages and won't get embroiled in the medium-scale riot that will happen if and when England draw tonight.

ReputationRep:
    lol. typical answer. At least scotland lose in style and dignity, and pride.
    Not wishing to start this whole debate again, but this sort of moronic answer justifies a response.

Typical answer to what? Stereotypical Scottish responses, that's what. You don't see the English rubbing your face into it because you're too f*cking godawful not to get into Euro2004.

Enjoy the game, I guess watching England is one of your only chances to see top quality football.

ReputationRep:
    LOL. Every time someone answers, it just re-emphasises how comical the english are. Please, throw more of these comments at me.
    One of the best film quotes of all times (and very useful to throw at the Scots) - from Trainspotting:

Tommy: Doesn't it make you proud to be Scottish?

Renton: It's SHITE being Scottish! We're the lowest of the low. Most people hate the English. I don't. They're just ******s. We're colonised by ******s. We couldn't even find a decent race to be colonised by. It's a shite state of affairs to be in, and no amount of fresh air is ever going to change that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingpong)
    Not wishing to start this whole debate again, but this sort of moronic answer justifies a response.

Typical answer to what? Stereotypical Scottish responses, that's what. You don't see the English rubbing your face into it because you're too f*cking godawful not to get into Euro2004.

Enjoy the game, I guess watching England is one of your only chances to see top quality football.
    Look, I don't care about if scotland don't get into Euro 2004 and start rioting, but I live in England, and I have to but up with f**cking abuse all the time, especially during times like these. I admit, scotland are **** at sports, but it doesn't mean the public are.

ReputationRep:
    Look, I don't care about if scotland don't get into Euro 2004 and start rioting, but I live in England, and I have to but up with f**cking abuse all the time, especially during times like these. I admit, scotland are **** at sports, but it doesn't mean the public are.
    So you don't all wear kilts, have ginger hair, eat haggis and are constantly trying to climb over Hadrians Wall to attack the English? Wow

I'm only joking, I'm actually part scottish (well, my grandma on one side and my granny on the other side were both Scottish if that counts!).

ReputationRep:
    I wish i was in england, then i'd be down the pub... as it is i'm still weighing up the pros and cons of watching in the pub after last time: Felt a bit uneasy watching England v France in a german pub... especially seeing i went to the toilet after the 90+1 goal feeling well p*ssed off, and came back to see a load of germans looking surprised and some laughing their faces off, i caught the replay of the 90+3 goal and some dude bought me a pint to help drown my sorrow. I then got a couple of double whiskys and a pint for the dude who got me a pint, and then some more pints and then some more, and then i forget the details of what happened, but i lost my flag.

ReputationRep:
    It appears they are starting. They better goddam win... looks like im staying at home this time.

ReputationRep:
    UKL has spoken!

im still at home....

mibnd you its more down to the fact the pub in question is 30mins away, (damn friends) and i coundt be arsed to walk lol

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.