The Student Room Group

Crticial path Analysis: Why take the minimum value for the latest event time

Okay, i can draw diagram and make my way through from left to right (the earliest time event) and understood why i have to choose the maximum value for the earliest time event.
However on the way back (from right to left), why do you have to choose the minimum value if you want to work out the latest time event? I am SO confused.. Please help me :frown:
Original post by ucjs2
Okay, i can draw diagram and make my way through from left to right (the earliest time event) and understood why i have to choose the maximum value for the earliest time event.
However on the way back (from right to left), why do you have to choose the minimum value if you want to work out the latest time event? I am SO confused.. Please help me :frown:

That doesn't sound quite right - unless you're talking about the minimum out of all of the routes and each latest finish time - duration.

Please post a question that you're stuck on. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by ucjs2

It's hard to explain but it's the latest possible time you can start the activity without delaying the entire project. For example the latest possible time you can start the first activity without delaying the project would be 0.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
no exactly what i meant.. but thanks
i will do post question !
Reply 4
Original post by morgzy24
It's hard to explain but it's the latest possible time you can start the activity without delaying the entire project. For example the latest possible time you can start the first activity without delaying the project would be 0.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you !
Original post by ucjs2

You've got to have enough time after the latest event time to finish all of the activities that come after that event. This means that you must have time to finish the longest path of activities after this event which is why you take the minimum time on the way back.

Quick Reply

Latest